New market app installation unsuccessful

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the new market app to install on a rooted DX? I have been reading that most of us running either Liberty or Apex cannot update the apk through a file manager. If someone has gotten this to work, can you please share instructions on how to install the new market?

Thanks in advance!

Unclecheese

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does work, thank you cheese. It is gona take some getting used to with this new market look. I can see why people think "windows" when they see the layout and compare it to a ui windows phone.
Now Im gona see if the movie I rent for 4 dollars will play. If so, you can EAT IT Netflix. You wont let me sign up for your service, I'll just grab somethin from the Android Market selection instead!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does work, thank you cheese. It is gona take some getting used to with this new market look. I can see why people think "windows" when they see the layout and compare it to a ui windows phone.
Now Im gona see if the movie I rent for 4 dollars will play. If so, you can EAT IT Netflix. You wont let me sign up for your service, I'll just grab somethin from the Android Market selection instead!

Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,..........................

Movies do not work on rooted phones!!!!!!!!!! Save your $4.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,Warning,..........................

Movies do not work on rooted phones!!!!!!!!!! Save your $4.

This has been defeated already. Rooted users have a fix now :) I'll find the link now.

OK something must of happened cause they blocked the video. I watched it yesteday. They loaded a market video running cm7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezRUR557lw&feature=youtu.be

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So then it shouldnt be too long before the link to the fix appears. I will keep looking myself.

Update...guess this is all we need to watch videos we buy from the Market. Unless your rooted of course as this new player will tell you. Seems to be an updated Google Videos player different than the video player in our ROMs...https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.videos&feature=search_result

So Im sure there will be a .zip fix soon enough. I know Babalu, but as my sig says, I'll try anything to see if it works,lol.

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Read this article. Informative, honest and welcoming. And hopeful since it says the crack has been done, it just needs to be compiled for all of us that are rooted by device. Samsung is it so far.

Google Blocks Movie Rentals on Rooted Android Handsets, Protection Gets Bypassed Almost Instantly

Also I went to my Youtube page on my laptop and when it loaded the first message I saw was, Dont forget to watch the movie you rented, The Dark Knight. So if it wont work on my phone, and I have my laptop around I can see it there.

Last edited: