My headphone jack quit working on my X and Verizon is sending me a refurb X2 as a replacement. Will roms for the X work on the X2?

Also, will I be able to use Titanium to restore all my apps?
    08-07-2011 10:22 AM
    You are aware there is an X2 forum for questions like this, right?

And, fwiw, I doubt X ROMs will work on an X2.
    08-07-2011 02:06 PM
    LVracerGT,

I apologize as a fellow forum member for "ultranucklehead's" response. Not all of us are as rude as him.

Actually he is wrong and obviously a newb himself.

Dev's for some of the better ROM's for the X have been working to make the available for the X2. Actually, the newer ROM's for the X are using the X2 bootstrapper. I am pretty sure there is not going to be much new for the X2 in the area of OS other than upgrades and hardware improvements.

Again, I am sorry for the rude response. Feel free to come ask for help anytime. If I don't know the answer up front, Ill help you research it and figure it out together.

Cheers
    Ahowe125 likes this.
    08-10-2011 02:51 PM
    xelhandroid is right, no need to be rude about it. Good question as I was also wondering that my self. Now if I could just get something to go wrong with my DX.. lol
    08-10-2011 10:12 PM
    My headphone jack quit working on my X and Verizon is sending me a refurb X2 as a replacement. Will roms for the X work on the X2?

Also, will I be able to use Titanium to restore all my apps?
    As long as Titanium is backed up to your SD card you will be fine. As for the ROMS, that is something to Google each day and keep track of. Also posting here will help. Im sure the DroidX2 forums indeed will be more helpful to you, yet dont shy away from us here as our past exp can help your future as an X2 user.

As to the other responses in particular, there needs to be no name calling here. Were all on the same side and sometimes an individual's .02 needs to be kept for a rainy day on both ends of the ship. It is easy to see how it can turn a thread away from it's purpose.
    davidnc likes this.
    08-11-2011 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD