New Radio Is Out.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So no one here has installed it yet? Got to SBF back to froyo so I haven't jumped in yet. Waiting for more reviews or another path. Seems like an official update won't be far off either

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done it yet either. I was surprised to see 10 page threads about a .602 update elsewhere, yet not a peep about it here. I was beginning to think there wouldn't be an official update to take care of issues caused by the last one, so I finally bit the bullet and flashed ZombeStomped 1.7 last weekend. What I've read about the new radio update sounds nice, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to SBF back to Froyo to load it.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running miui 1.8.12 + 1.8.12 status bar/extended settings mod + .13p radio
and it's running great. 13p has so far been problem free. battery life is pretty good
I got about 10 hours out of it today with heavy use. you could easily get 20+ hours with light/moderate usage.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can you install the 0.13p radio as a standalone update? I know the TBH will update to .602 GB from any build/ROM, but the radio will stay at .12p. Would it be possible to upgrade to .602 with the TBH app and then just upgrade the radio?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Two people have DXs at work one with new radio one with old radio and checking the 3g signal/dBm strenght between them can't see any difference between them at all. So I opted not to try new radio on mine.

sent via TaPaTaLk

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I drop 3G every couple of days so I grabbed the update last night. A bit of a pain going back to .340 to keep root, but not the end of the world.

Some have reported better battery and reception.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I drop 3G every couple of days so I grabbed the update last night. A bit of a pain going back to .340 to keep root, but not the end of the world.

Some have reported better battery and reception.

If I didn't have to wipe the phone, I wouldn't mind. I just don't want to set everything up again. I've never had any success getting Titanium Backup to work and I don't know if I trust MyBackUp Root yet.