09-05-2011 08:52 PM
32 12
tools
  1. jerseyboy357's Avatar
    08-25-2011 08:18 PM
  2. Dubbayoo's Avatar
    I was on stock .596 rooted, took the OTA update; pulled the battery and reinstalled the superuser.zip via Droid2 bootstrap recovery after a battery pull.
    08-25-2011 09:20 PM
  3. dahlheim's Avatar
    the below method fixed my problem described above, for anyone interested.

    Originally Posted by KevlarGibs
    I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
    in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
    (i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
    hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
    type: adb shell
    when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
    if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

    once you have the # prompt, type
    mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    hitting enter after each line.
    don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

    then run the oneclick again. worked for me
    Thanks for helping out. I put a link to your post in my OP's for the DX crowd.
    jcarlosfox likes this.
    08-26-2011 11:14 PM
  4. rharv3#AC's Avatar
    I was on stock .596 rooted, took the OTA update; pulled the battery and reinstalled the superuser.zip via Droid2 bootstrap recovery after a battery pull.
    I did the same. Phone's running like a charm on .602 now with no bloat.

    Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!
    09-04-2011 03:01 PM
  5. rharv3#AC's Avatar
    You can get the update while rooted.

    Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!
    09-04-2011 03:04 PM
  6. rharv3#AC's Avatar
    no prob installing the ota from 596 rooted tbh, but lost root.

    some here claim success, but i can't get back into clockwork recovery using the mentioned method(s)...

    .602 rooted without SBF'g or wiping!
    That way worked fine for me. The trick is to be totally on stock (Odexed) rooted .596 before taking the update. Once I got rid of my deodexed version, I was done in 20 minutes.

    Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!
    09-04-2011 03:08 PM
  7. jcarlosfox's Avatar
    the below method fixed my problem described above, for anyone interested.

    Originally Posted by KevlarGibs
    I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
    in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
    (i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
    hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
    type: adb shell
    when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
    if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

    once you have the # prompt, type
    mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    hitting enter after each line.
    don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

    then run the oneclick again. worked for me
    Thanks for helping out. I put a link to your post in my OP's for the DX crowd.
    These instructions were EXACTLY what was needed to root my phone - THANKS!!! (I used the one-click method).
    09-05-2011 08:52 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD