Little help to SBF from .596 to .340

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
ok i have all the files on my computer to sbf my phone back cause i absoluty hate this update and i can get rsd lite 4.8 to see my device when i have phone in pc mode but when i put it back into mass storage i cant see it aanymore, and i dont have to turn on usb debugging with pc mode, and i turn debuggning mode on when in mass storage and nothing..also is there any side effects to sbf my phone? does my phone need to be off?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Your phone has to be off for SBF to work. Try RSD 4.9 too, sometimes its picky.

Power off, then hold the red camera/vol DOWN buttons together and press power til the USB screen comes up. Once it does plug your phone in until RSD sees it(sometimes clicking on show device will help). Once it does, then click start and let it run it's course. Make sure you select the 2.3.3.4 sbf file. Easiest if you have it saved to a simple location like your desktop. And within minutes, POOF your back on Froyo.

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
ok yeah i got it to connect lst night when i but it in bootloader..but was to nervous to sbf it last night..still wanna do it though but this is my everyday phone and dont wanna screw it up, but verizon trying to get me to install another gingerbread update, thanks but no thanks cause .596 SUCKS and will never tke another update from verizon cause of it

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ok yeah i got it to connect lst night when i but it in bootloader..but was to nervous to sbf it last night..still wanna do it though but this is my everyday phone and dont wanna screw it up, but verizon trying to get me to install another gingerbread update, thanks but no thanks cause .596 SUCKS and will never tke another update from verizon cause of it

The whole point of the new update is to fix the problems with .596. You should at least give it a try before SBF'ing back to .340.

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The whole point of the new update is to fix the problems with .596. You should at least give it a try before SBF'ing back to .340.

I gave gingerbread a try..and from what ive read on the forums the bug fix has done nothing for anyone..

Iceman0803 Re: Little help to SBF from .596 to .340

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you get back to .340 follow the instructions on THIS PAGE. Your DX will be happy!!
is there any other roms that u would recommend...id like to try liberty cause ive herd alot of good things

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay