In-call phone issues

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I just wanted to bounce a problem off you guys.

I have a Droid X rooted running Rubix 2.0.1. and recently I have been having some issues. I have a daily morning routine to reboot my phone while I'm getting ready for work. Its super easy because if I hold down the power button it gives me a reboot option.

All has been fine, but the last few days I have noticed that after I do that, I loose all use of the ear piece speaker. I can hear notifications and even incoming calls, but once I answer, I cant hear anyone, and they also can not hear me. It doesn't matter if I initiate the call, or if I am receiving one.

The only way I have been able to undo the issue is to once again reboot the phone. This problem is very intermittent, and doesn't always do it.

I'm kinda curious if its a software issue, or there is something going wrong with the hardware of the phone. I know Rubix is an older outdated ROM, but it runs very good and up until this issue it has been flawless. I'm not opposed to try another ROM, but if its hardware based I am more inclined to go back to stock un-rooted and have it warrantied.

Let me know what you guys think, or if you need anymore information about the specs on my phone let me know. And thanks in advance for any advice.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Notifications and ringtones use the "external" speaker on the back, not the earpiece speaker (why they just don't use the same speaker is beyond me...). When this problem happens, can you use a headset, either wired or BT? Have you made any changes to your setup between when it worked and when it started breaking? Since you're rooted and using a custom ROM and you noted that the one you're using is "old", have you thought about trying a newer ROM?

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Notifications and ringtones use the "external" speaker on the back, not the earpiece speaker (why they just don't use the same speaker is beyond me...). When this problem happens, can you use a headset, either wired or BT? Have you made any changes to your setup between when it worked and when it started breaking? Since you're rooted and using a custom ROM and you noted that the one you're using is "old", have you thought about trying a newer ROM?

I have not tried to use a headset, but if i can replicate the problem, I'll be sure to try both wired and bluetooth.

I don't believe I have made any significant changes, maybe installed a few random apps here and there, but nothing major in settings or other setup changes.

I have considered trying CM7, but I have been waiting until a lot of the "bugs" are worked out of that one. I need all the features of my phone to work correctly, and don't want to be flashing the newest nightly to fix issues. If that ROM gets to a stable non beta build I'll jump on it.

I'll report back when and if I can get the problem to show its ugly head again, Thanks for your responce.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried to use a headset, but if i can replicate the problem, I'll be sure to try both wired and bluetooth.

Oh, and of course if neither a wired nor BT headset are immediately handy, try putting it on Speaker.

On reflection, the simplest possibility is that the switch for the wired headset is either broken or is no longer always being read correctly. In which case, plugging/unplugging a wired headset may resolve it when it happens.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and of course if neither a wired nor BT headset are immediately handy, try putting it on Speaker.

On reflection, the simplest possibility is that the switch for the wired headset is either broken or is no longer always being read correctly. In which case, plugging/unplugging a wired headset may resolve it when it happens.

I just remembered that the last time I had the problem, I did try to use speaker phone, and that also did not work. I could not hear when I used the keypad either, and normally you can hear that no matter if your using speaker phone or not.

I know the call went through, because I was calling my girlfriends Iphone 4 and it would connect to the call and even display the running timer for how long the call was. She could not hear me, and I could not hear her. I was even able to accept her phone call, and still had nothing.

I have tried a few times to replicate the problem, and it seems to be working for the time being. lol Go figure, but thanks again for your ideas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11