I love CM7 but the battery life is not conducive to my travels - was thinking about going back to darkslide would I need to do a complete SBF or is there an easier way.

Overall CM7 is so fast and nice but I need better battery life.
    09-20-2011 08:50 PM
    From what i understand and have read and been told it never hurts to SBF to start clean to make sure everything from the rom and or theme that was used nothing was left behind..maybe someone else can give u a little more details, i also posted a question similar but was told to sbf, but ive read people just flashing a rom over a rom, is that ok to do?
    09-21-2011 12:09 AM
    The SBF process is pretty painless (of course, I run Linux so most things are painless ), it's the factory reset that really hurts since there's a decent chunk of reconfiguration you need to do afterwards. Spending an extra few minutes to SBF back to a known OS seems like a very wise investment since you never know what files the old ROM changed that the new ROM expects to be stock. And if you're running a Froyo-kernel CM7 build and want to flash to a GB-kernel ROM you'll probably need to get to stock 602 to make it happen anyway.
    09-21-2011 05:18 AM
    As far as I know, Darkslide is for GB so you would have to SBF, but luckily the latest .602 sbf is in the stickies thread so you would need to do that.
    09-21-2011 09:56 AM
    I always SBF between ROM's. I just like starting from solid ground.

If I am just changing ROM versions I just follow the dev's instructions (the only time I religiously read the instructions first).
    09-21-2011 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD