Motorola pushing small update to 4.5.605. You WILL LOSE root.

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from Motorola Feedback network about a new update being pushed to members. It takes you to 4.5.605 and will fix keyboard stability and performance. There was no request to keep it confidential.

I don't even use the Motorola keyboard, but what the heck, I only use root for a call blocker.

The update is fast, and will kill your root.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So you did the update and lost root? Did you try and root again? If it just kills root but you can root again with the same method then its all OK. If not we need to warn everyone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So you did the update and lost root? Did you try and root again? If it just kills root but you can root again with the same method then its all OK. If not we need to warn everyone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Have not tried to re-root yet. Heck, it's a slow day.....I'll give it a shot.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
There are a few other users as well I have spoken to, and that have posted on the non-root thread, that they have successfully re-rooted as well. I wouldn't say this update is for EVERYone. Some users are also saying FINALLY! Guess this keyboard issue has been around a while, even before .602

rdtapt

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Anybody tried booting into clockwork recovery after rooting the .605 update? I tried both droid x bootstrap and flashed recovery in rom manager, either way my phone just boots to a black screen instead of recovery.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody tried booting into clockwork recovery after rooting the .605 update? I tried both droid x bootstrap and flashed recovery in rom manager, either way my phone just boots to a black screen instead of recovery.

Do you have USB debugging enabled?

pmdc2952

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Update to 4.5.605. You WILL LOSE root. BUT IT WILL RE-ROOT

Just took the OTA on rooted droid x with 602 using Droid 2 bootstrap. It disabled root.
I tried to root without success. I had to do the following BEFORE i ran the root script to re-root.

In adb shell type:
mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su

then ran the one click root Droid 3 easy root script v7.

Worked perfect.

jessman1988

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I am stock rooted on 3.2 and don't wanna update because I don't wanna wipe my data again. Is there a way to reroot without backing everything up? Did you help a n00b today? ;) Please help this one. :'( thanks everyone.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If I'm on Apex RC3, am I able to get the .605 update somehow? Or do I need to SPF back to .602, pull the update? And if I do that, will I be able to install Apex RC3 again?

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got 605 and want to root it. I used to be rooted on 2.2.1 and had to sbf to update to the OTA gingerbread. Ever since I've stayed stock. I want root back but it was so easy before with z4 root. Does anyone know a easy way to root 605 on a MAC? The instructions in the link only say windows PC. Thanks guys.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got 605 and want to root it. I used to be rooted on 2.2.1 and had to sbf to update to the OTA gingerbread. Ever since I've stayed stock. I want root back but it was so easy before with z4 root. Does anyone know a easy way to root 605 on a MAC? The instructions in the link only say windows PC. Thanks guys.

I am so totally lost on this one. I have been leaving my phone alone for a while since ninjamorph and metamorph no longer do a damn thing on GB. My phone is rooted with a few small mods but pretty much its stock. I have uninstalled apps, like DX Swype and a few others. Do I need to SBF then take the updates and then reroot and set everything back up?

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just sharing a success story..

Got bored with my old Froyo ROM (Rubix with a few tweaks) and decided to SBF back to stock Froyo today. I took the .605 Gingerbread update after I did, and was able to root that with the one-click script, with no problems at all.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So what exactly does this build fix? I have been using the Gingerbread Keyboard I downloaded off the market instead of the ugly Motorola keyboard.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Also mine keeps failing the OTA updated. Yes, I am rooted, using TBH's prerooted .602 build. I have defrosted all my bloat but about a quarter of the way into unpacking the update it cancels and reboots, telling me update failed. Suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze