I took the better part of the day installing CM7 on my DX and it turned out perfectly. Installed Bootstrap, the bug fixes, and (needless to say) CM7 after SBF-ing to Froyo. I am in love with this ROM, except for one thing:

I can't set any notification ringtones. Every time I try it gives me a Force Close and it shuts down the whole app. This goes for the Facebook app, Messenger (texting) app, Twitter app, and ALL the other apps that require a notification tone. I can get a vibrate, but that is all. No sound.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I did a search but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Thanks in advance...
    09-30-2011 11:46 AM
    60 views and no comments?

I know I'm not the only person that's experiencing this issue. I've found multiple posts on this problem, but can't find any solutions:

Rington not working...On cm7 2.0.1 - CyanogenMod Forum

Error when opening sounds settings

I just want to be able to get my notifications. I get an LED notification and the vibrate works, but I can't even choose a notification sound without getting a Force Close.

I've done a fresh ROM install, and updated to fresh nightly builds... I don't think it's a nightly build issue since I know everyone out there on a nightly isn't having this issue.

Does someone ANYONE out there have any solutions or tips/tricks that could help?
    10-02-2011 12:36 PM
    try posting here [DISCUSSION][CM4DX]CM4DX Official Nightlies

also did you flash the all in one fixer?
    10-02-2011 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I did the CM4DXfix2 zip flash which seems to work for everything it's supposed to. I just can't get notification tones to come up.

I'll try posting there too. I just don't know what I'm going to do if I keep missing these messages and calendar events. I might have to flash to another ROM (or even back to stock) if I can't fix this.
    10-02-2011 07:11 PM
    you could also try a factory reset of cyanogenmod.
    10-02-2011 07:15 PM
    How do I do that? I haven't done that one yet, I don't think.
    10-02-2011 07:17 PM
    Boot into recovery and wipe data and cache, this will remove all your apps and customization's (you'll need to re flash the AIO)
    10-02-2011 07:30 PM
    Holy crap, I think it worked. I wiped the data and reinstalled the ROM time and time again, but that never worked. This seems like it's worked and I can finally edit the notification ringtone for my text messages. I'll be back after I restore my apps to see if it's one of them that's giving me issues...
    10-02-2011 07:36 PM
    Restoring apps can cause force close issues good luck!
    10-02-2011 07:38 PM
    Thanks, I'll need it.

Yeah, I'm going to do it one app at a time. It's going to take FOREVER since I keep a ton of apps, but I'm going to find out which one is giving me the problem. Waiting for my phone to sync with my Google account for now.
    10-02-2011 07:45 PM
    Alright. It's been almost a day now. ALL of my apps have been re-installed and I still have my notification sounds. I guess that's why there isn't an answer on how to fix this: There really isn't one.

I've done full ROM reinstalls and factory wipes, but they didn't work before. Now, all of a sudden, a factory reset fixes it and it's still fixed. I don't really know why, but I'm not going to complain.
    10-03-2011 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD