rom installation aborted

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm helping my friend install a new rom on his Droid X because the GB update messed his phone up. The Recovery version is 2.xxxx. I have Team Liquid's rom which won't install and it says

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E: signature verification failed"
"Installation aborted."

I thought maybe the download was bad so I downloaded OMGB and the same thing happens.

I can install roms without a problem on my Thunderbolt but I know nothing about this phone. It took me a bit just to figure out how to get into Recovery. No longer can I get into Recovery with Rom Manager or Quick Boot. If I tried to use those apps it just ends up rebooting the phone.

Any ideas why this is happening? Should I install the latest version of Recovery (CWM)? I downgraded the Recovery because I thought the new version was preventing Rom Manager and Quick Boot from booting into Recovery mode. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: I downloaded the Droid 2 Bootstrap app and now I managed to get into Recovery but installation failed again. It says

"Installing update..."
"assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel")"
"==0"
"E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip"
"(Status 7)"
"Installation aborted."

Any ideas?

Last edited:

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am a tbolt guy flashing a coworker's dx and getting pretty much the same issue. Can someone help out?

I am trying to flash Vortex that I downloaded from this forum and I put it in the dl side of the clockworkmod file.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I helped the OP out on another forum. Basically pointed him to some links to use RSD Lite and an sbf file to flash his friend's DX back to stock GB 4.5.602

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87