Droid X Help Un-rooting

xerofire

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I know im really stupid for doing this but im a noob who shouldn't have even rooted in the first place.
Verizon is sending me a replacement phone tomorrow, and I have to send my old one back!
The problem is its rooted and I didnt create a backup like I should have and now 2 things are messed up, I never installed any roms or anything, just changed the boot-up screen to the grey Motorola logo from the red one. (Like on froyo) I want to change it back to the way it was so I wont get charged for the phone I have "super user" in my app drawer and its a dead give away I rooted my device can you please help me get back to stock? Ive tried resting and everything it just doesn't work.

xerofire

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Update, I unrooted with Petes one click tool and it says You're device should now be unrooted, but I open up my app drawer and SuperUser is still there wtf? I tried to do a screen shot, but thats not working so I guess its not rooted. But super user is still there I have no idea on what to do :/

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Update, I unrooted with Petes one click tool and it says You're device should now be unrooted, but I open up my app drawer and SuperUser is still there wtf? I tried to do a screen shot, but thats not working so I guess its not rooted. But super user is still there I have no idea on what to do :/

You can remove the SU app, unfortunately you have to be rooted to do it, I'm pretty sure there's no way without root. I thought the unroot tool removed it, good to know. Why are you getting a replacement anyway?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xerofire

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You can remove the SU app, unfortunately you have to be rooted to do it, I'm pretty sure there's no way without root. I thought the unroot tool removed it, good to know. Why are you getting a replacement anyway?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I got rid of it, all I did was go into my apps via Android Market and it allowed me to uninstall it.
Im getting a replacement because the wifi on my phone has been acting up very bad, and its been restarting/freezing up and all kinds of crazy stuff I dont even know how to explain, I thought rooting it would help but it really didn't and I cant upgrade for another 8 months, hope this one is better. I love the Droid X its been my best phone yet, just these problems are driving me nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol