Move media files to internal storage?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using rooted stock Gingerbread (now .621) and I'm wondering if, if so how, I can move my ringtone MP3 files into the internal storage and be seen as ringtones. Or at least moved to the internal storage.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Make a folder on you sdcard or if one is already there called Media then inside that one add a folder named Audio then inside that Ringtones <--add ringtones here. Reboot phone and you should see them listed when you change your ringtone.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Make a folder on you sdcard or if one is already there called Media then inside that one add a folder named Audio then inside that Ringtones <--add ringtones here. Reboot phone and you should see them listed when you change your ringtone.

I was wondering how to get them into the internal storage so that they'll still be there when the card is not available, due to either being plugged into the PC or if I have to change SD cards (again).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try using Root Explorer/ES File Explorer and move them to the following folder...

/system/media/audio/ringtones/

Just make sure you have write permissions enabled so you can copy and paste to /system/ level folders of the device.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Try using Root Explorer/ES File Explorer and move them to the following folder...

/system/media/audio/ringtones/

Just make sure you have write permissions enabled so you can copy and paste to /system/ level folders of the device.

Thanks, got it working now. File Expert doesn't seem to be able to write to /system despite having root and allowed admin / su access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21