There has been a ton of talk about returning to stock so that the phone can be returned. I've seen mention that you can delete su and just reboot. Is it this simple?

What is the procedure?
    07-23-2010 02:34 AM
    I read that pressing the Reset to Factory Settings button should do it.
    07-23-2010 02:44 AM
    @initialjdg, As long as you didn't make any changes as you're root...than yes, it's that simple. Also note though that the install guide also had you install busybox as you installed su, I would also delete that.
    07-23-2010 08:58 AM
    what is 'busybox'?
    07-23-2010 09:13 AM
    Busybox (BusyBox), is a set of command line tools which you can use to do a bunch of cool stuff with your phone with, although as an end user, you'll probably never see it. The installed apps cover everything from cat, to ed, to vi, to more, to mv, rm, mkdir, etc. etc. (Note that some of these were already in the shell). If you want to see it at work, either connect your phone to your computer, and start the adb shell, or in the market, download a console app. Once in the console, type busybox, and you should see a list of all the apps that are included in it. (Assuming you've rooted your device and put it on there).
    07-23-2010 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD