Root your Droid X the easy way

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
and 1-touch rooting (and un-rooting) will get me to take the plunge now :)

EDIT: i can confirm that this does indeed work, though make sure you do cruise to the all-droid forums for specific instructions, as there were some minor hiccups in the process

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should already know this but I'll state again just so people beware since this is such an easy process now...

Rooting and Un-Rooting is fine but be very careful messing around with the system files and removing bloatware since there have been a lot of people unable to update unless they put all the bloatware back and then made them system applications.

But have fun, just proceed with caution.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Everyone should already know this but I'll state again just so people beware since this is such an easy process now...

Rooting and Un-Rooting is fine but be very careful messing around with the system files and removing bloatware since there have been a lot of people unable to update unless they put all the bloatware back and then made them system applications.

But have fun, just proceed with caution.

second. im not removing any bloat before the froyo update just to be safe

newob

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Lastnight I tried Easy Root and it worked fine (as far as I know). I also tried the 1 click unroot and it also worked (again, as far as i know). Is there a easy way to check?

This is all new to me. I spent hours reading these threads lastnight. Slowly learning. Thanks.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
To tell if you're rooted, look for the Superuser icon in your app drawer. Or see if you can run a root only app. Or use a terminal emulator and type su, if the cursor changes, you have root permissions.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
so as long as we dont remove the bloatware we should still be rooted after the froyo update?

Anyone actually think we will get Froyo today(18th) like some of the rumors have suggested?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so as long as we dont remove the bloatware we should still be rooted after the froyo update?

Anyone actually think we will get Froyo today(18th) like some of the rumors have suggested?

Sounds like we'll lose root but if the root process is still the same, it will be just as easy to re-root.

Madirish76

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just as an FYI...you have to be in PC mode and USB debugging mode. If you get a message that your PC doesnt have the drivers...then unpack the zip file and go to the drivers folder. Install the 32 bit one, it will tell you if you should have done 64 or not, then after installation reconnect and try again. Works like a charm!!

moose5461

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Did this last night and it worked. As others mentioned there are some hiccups in the process, and some timing issues so definitely read through what others ran into. Basically it seemed the information that was not clearly defined was, make sure the appropriate driver is installed (and do a reboot of your PC even if you are not prompted), Make sure your phone is in PC mode (it will act like it is working in USB storage mode but will then fail) and then lastly the timing of toggling either the bluetooth or wifi switch is a little sensitive so you may have to try it a few times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan