EasyRoot Application

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help but here's the QR code to scan and see if it directs you to the market.

chart-1.png

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
How did you get a Froyo DX? Mine just came yesterday with 2.1-update 1 on it. Anywho, the dev says it only works for 2.1 right now... and it did work on mine.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Well, that sucks. I kinda figured that. There's still the Windows one click method if you wanted to try that but I heard it was a little buggy and they're charging like $10 or $20 for it now.

The long process isn't all that bad and even doing it via the Terminal Emulator app was real easy.

pinhead875

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Will unroot work with this app if I rooted it in a different way?
I rooted the day it came out, but would like to unroot with the easy button if necessary.

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Will unroot work with this app if I rooted it in a different way?
I rooted the day it came out, but would like to unroot with the easy button if necessary.

I would think since it has to be using the same exploit, that unroot would work. But I would email the dev to be sure.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
This is true. I just checked it this morning and it was still there so it must have just happened within the last few hours.

Good thing I scooped it up. :cool:

i was just about to get it today too, i'm sure it will be back. how was it running the app? sounds pretty easy to use. have you tried unrooting? curious how well this app works.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It worked fine for me. I got it just to test it out pretty much. I've rooted and unrooted every other possible way so I wanted to try this out. I don't know about it being back since it looks like the reason it was pulled was because they used droidmod's method and tried to profit off of it so we'll see how that goes.

I haven't tried to unroot with the application yet though but it does have the option.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Sooo...I've been keeping up with the thread but I am going to put all my questions into one post:

This works on the Droid X with non-rooted 2.1, correct?

After hitting the "Root" button, I will not lose ANY data or anything like that, right?

Once rooted, the only thing the X can really do is wireless tether and remove bloatware?

How can I unroot? Through the same application?

Thanks!!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This works on the Droid X with non-rooted 2.1, correct? Correct.

After hitting the "Root" button, I will not lose ANY data or anything like that, right? Right.

Once rooted, the only thing the X can really do is wireless tether and remove bloatware? Yes, and run "root-only" applications. But I am NOT removing any bloat yet. I did and had to reinstall and assign them as "system apps" so that I'll be able to update when the time comes. Also, if (when) the bootloader is cracked, you'll be able to load custom ROMs.

How can I unroot? Through the same application? There is an option for that but I haven't tried it yet. But I have unrooted the X before using the ADB method and it went fine for me.

BTW, I'm sure you saw it but the application was pulled from the market.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that. The day I wanna pull the trigger and get some wifi hotspot going, they pull the app lol

And thanks for the help :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08