Bootloader crack a near future possibility...

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much they spent on it. Here's hoping it truly is a way to unlock the bootloader, and not JUST froyo, even though that would be nice. Especially with talk of a september release.

Last edited:

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that they have the dev X, what exactly do they do with it??? I am assuming they go into the system files and copy the code which pertains to the bootloader image? Is it a matter of their simply knowing how the code is written, and then write this code into an app or set of instructions that can be executed?
Or is this way too simplified of an assumption? Not being a programmer, I'm just curious what they do. I'm trying to picture these guys sitting around a table with the phone on the table in front of them...saying "ok, NOW let's see what we've got???" !!!!!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what they'll do with it too but, I wouldn't know where to start lol. Then again these are the guys who gave us root so I'm sure they'll figure something out :cool:

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
+1 to the guys at Alldroid! However... is anyone else worried that 2.2 is giving a quadrant of ~800? Didn't Froyo make the N1 go from 600 to 1400 or something crazy like that? Maybe I've just been overly optimistic...

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 to the guys at Alldroid! However... is anyone else worried that 2.2 is giving a quadrant of ~800? Didn't Froyo make the N1 go from 600 to 1400 or something crazy like that? Maybe I've just been overly optimistic...

They also said that the possible reason for the low score was due to JIT being off.

Leif

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
alldroid.org mainly, as well as birdman's twitter feed, and rootzwiki twitter feed.

I'm excited that birdman was able to get a custom recovery running...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech