Bootloader crack a near future possibility...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Meanwhile, Birdman's twitter's gone missing and @alldroid posted this yesterday, so who knows:

Twitter / AllDroid: Looks like @koush is about ...

They've been working on a custom recovery method since they got this dev phone, meanwhile koush has been doing his own this whole time. He didn't want to work with birdman or rainabba and now he's got his own thing possibly releasing soon (he was first to release pictures with proof of concept) and I get the feeling Alldroid team is a little upset about it. Sorta a bad situation...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
But their little friendly (unfriendly?) competition is good for us users.

If they stayed in good spirits and were just working towards their cause and not a "first" yes its great for us. However thats not the vibe I'm getting from this right now...

It almost feels like Bird and Rain have given up because of Koush's strides he's made on his own. They seem disappointed to me and since they're some of the best in the boat right now I really hope they stay motivated and on the project :(

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is, but a collaboration could also benefit us. Someone will do it.

If they stayed in good spirits and were just working towards their cause and not a "first" yes its great for us. However thats not the vibe I'm getting from this right now...

It almost feels like Bird and Rain have given up because of Koush's strides he's made on his own. They seem disappointed to me and since they're some of the best in the boat right now I really hope they stay motivated and on the project :(

It is sometimes hard for those that receive such praise to put their egos aside...just sayin'

All very true.

Let's just get this done guys.

It does sound like they're getting pretty close now though, not cracking the bootloader but getting us some custom ROMs (minus the kernels).

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Twitter: AllDroid

Bird and and Rain needed a day off. DXR is still coming. Bird is still working on Froyo.

-

So it seems they're still there they just needed a break. Let's hope all remains well.

Retrokid223

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
now kush twitter this:
Nandroid worked on the Droid X. Trying to figure out why I don't have adb in "recovery" now though.
40 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
now kush twitter this:
Nandroid worked on the Droid X. Trying to figure out why I don't have adb in "recovery" now though.
40 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac

This is a prime example if why them not working together is crappy. I'm pretty sure Birdman had this problem and got it up and running.

Retrokid223

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a prime example if why them not working together is crappy. I'm pretty sure Birdman had this problem and got it up and running.

your right birdman had adb running in his video, if they would have worked together we would have custom recoverys on our DX already :(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance