I heard that if you rooted and deleted the bloatwear that is messes up geting the froyo update.

Will this replace the deleting I did to the bloatware, i only deleted blockbuster, city id, and other some blur related widgets like date & time.

I dont want to mess up getting 2.2, i'll reroot after the update.

Any help sharing knowledge is appreciated.
    08-14-2010 07:50 PM
    Well, as of now, it sounds like you will be able to download it but it won't install. You will need to re download everything you deleted and give them "system application" permissions. If you need guidance with that, I'd be willing to walk you through it when I have a minute. Let me know.

And to answer your question, a factory reset will not restore these applications.
    08-14-2010 08:44 PM
    That, or you can probably flash the SBF file that motorola pulled. You can still find it pretty easy. PM me if you'd like some help as well.
    08-14-2010 09:43 PM
    That is another way to go. I did do it with Windows and it went pretty quick and smooth.
    08-15-2010 12:48 AM
    @avlfive, yeah that would be great if you could do that. i have droidxsystembackup . do you need my email or anything. i could use the help

@javroch thanks
    08-15-2010 12:56 AM
    I will try to get a walk through posted up as soon as I can. You're not in too big of a hurry since it's not like we're getting froyo tomorrow or anything.
    08-15-2010 01:03 AM
    I will try to get a walk through posted up as soon as I can. You're not in too big of a hurry since it's not like we're getting froyo tomorrow or anything.
    Hey, ya never know... *points at self* lol
    08-15-2010 02:25 AM
    @avlfive when can we do this bud

my twitter is @robertthegenius
    08-15-2010 05:50 PM
    I also did this, and I need to know how to give them the system application permissions. Please help
    08-15-2010 11:21 PM
    im running into a bit of a problem here.

ive moved the apps i need to the sdcard from my laptop. then i put the phone in charger mode and then i open astro manager. i open the sdcard folder and see the apps i need to move to the system/app folder but when i highlight them to move them or copy it wouldnt let me paste or move them. i dont know if its because i cant seem to get the system folder to be "writeable" i have astro manager and titainiumback. i dont know what else to do here and its frustrating.

anybody know a way i can move these files?
    08-16-2010 01:10 AM
    08-16-2010 01:16 AM
    right but they didnt address my problem. i can get the apps im missing onto my sdcard, once they are there i cant move them to system/app. it doesnt give me an error or anything, it just wont let me move them. i am trying to move them with astro. any ideas?
    08-16-2010 11:36 PM
    right but they didnt address my problem. i can get the apps im missing onto my sdcard, once they are there i cant move them to system/app. it doesnt give me an error or anything, it just wont let me move them. i am trying to move them with astro. any ideas?
    Go back to the How To thread, and REREAD step 1!!!!!!!!
    08-16-2010 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD