Erm, kinda, sorta ... erm, just read the post.

My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery
    08-18-2010 10:58 PM
    Thanks for posting...looks promising at least
    08-18-2010 11:06 PM
    Installing now. I can't wait to get this going!
    08-18-2010 11:42 PM
    One of my favorite parts about this article and application...

"Will this work with ROM Manager?
    Yes, but not yet. I need to make some minor updates to ROM Manager first to support this recovery. Future recovery updates will come through ROM Manager."

ROM Manager is an awesome app for the OG Droid, one of my absolute favorites. I CAN'T WAIT to use it on my Droid X!
    08-18-2010 11:54 PM
    I've been playing around with this tonight and used it to backup, install a different font, and then restore my backup because I didn't like the font package I installed.

I will mos def be posting a STICKY about how to use this sometime tomorrow and some files to play around with.

I'M SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS!
    08-19-2010 03:05 AM
    So my guess is a custom rom will be next? I hope we can get CR6
    08-19-2010 06:58 AM
    I've been playing around with this tonight and used it to backup, install a different font, and then restore my backup because I didn't like the font package I installed.

I will mos def be posting a STICKY about how to use this sometime tomorrow and some files to play around with.

I'M SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS!
    I'm a noob when it comes to doing this and know I shouldn't unless I'm comfortable with loading SBFs... Could you post a tutorial on recovering with SBFs as well?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-19-2010 02:59 PM
    I'm a noob when it comes to doing this and know I shouldn't unless I'm comfortable with loading SBFs... Could you post a tutorial on recovering with SBFs as well?

Yeah, no problem, I can try to whip that out pretty soon here but I'm not too sure if it's OK to post the files since RootzWiki was forced to take them down.

I just followed their steps to the T and it worked great for me.

With Koush's Recovery though, the only way we'll need .SBFs is if something gets REALLY screwed up with the phone.
    08-19-2010 03:01 PM
    That would be awesome, could you pm a "certain" file?

08-19-2010 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD