Froyo ETA Set

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, time to get back into the frenzy.

My DInc has been running Froyo for a couple of weeks, now. My wife, who has a D.X, doesn't even know what Android is, much less which version she's running. Occasionally, she'll ask me "Why doesn't my phone do that?", and I have to try again to explain the difference between HTC Sense and MotoBlur, and Android 2.1 and Android 2.2. Still, I figure that, since I love her, I will be frantic for her, and start keeping an eye on this thread for news of the Froyo release for D.X, which I do expect to see in the not too distant future.

Am I crazy enough to be here?

? {?

Yes because everyone knows that Twinkie is next!

Tzvi

Jul 24, 2010
www.cire.com
So Motorola joined with Adobe and had an event about Flash on Motorola phones.... something that requires Froyo.... and there was no mention about when to expect it on their flagship phone?

Heck, there was also a Q&A session. Did nobody ask?

Did Moto just forget about us?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you get the feeling the X is going to be bypassed for some reason? Hard to believe that would happen, but the silence is deafening.

watejaso

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree. After going through the agony of Storm 1 ownership, I can enjoy my DX as is for now and patiently await for 2.2. It is already an amazing device. And remember folks, good things come to those who wait.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What if Motorola is doing the RIGHT thing and making their release upgradable with the leaked 2.2's?

I don't know about you but if they did that, that's a huge HUGE +1 in my books for Motorola..

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
We will get 2.2 on the X. Verizon just officially stated today that the Eris, a phone that is EOL, is NOT getting it. The X is still their flagship and there are already 2 leaks out there. We'll get it.

There is a reason we don't have it and i'd imagine it's a pretty good one.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Matrix2004 state in this thread that we will be getting it by the 20th? That would be good, and it lines up with this article, now!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Monday is the 20th. As good a day as any other that's been put out there. At least it's SOMETHING to look forward to... a little bit of hope.

jazz_nh

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree. After going through the agony of Storm 1 ownership, I can enjoy my DX as is for now and patiently await for 2.2. It is already an amazing device. And remember folks, good things come to those who wait.

LOL..... I waited with Blackberry's two flagship devices... Storm 1 and the Storm2...... never saw the love or good things that came from waiting.

Thank god the X blows the pants off the BB just running 2.1, but I do feel a little let down for yet another flagship that seems to have it's update issues.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I do feel a little let down for yet another flagship that seems to have it's update issues.

Wellll...I'd rather have a bugless build pushed to than a hurriedly put together 2.2, you know? If they need an extra week or two to make this thing flawless, then please, take the time!

Tzvi

Jul 24, 2010
www.cire.com
I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't get the upgrade. I meant that it seems like Moto is big on touting Flash (remember Adobe was at the Droid X announcement) and yet we are still waiting with no real word.

I know we will get Froyo, otherwise Motorola will have a lot of angry customers and possibly a class action suit.

Personally I would have been fine with them saying "We ran into a bug, but it will be coming out by (insert date here)". This silence is maddening.