Never removed bloatware before 2.2 but backup assist is annoying me and same with some of the others, I know it is best to rename the .apk to .bak, correct... Should this be done with 2.2? What apps can I do it to? And do I just rename them with root explorer?
    08-23-2010 06:29 PM
    never mind found this very informative write up if anyone else is interested

Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums
    08-23-2010 06:36 PM
    I have freshly rooted my driod x, seemed to work (I have the little ninja icon). However when I use "root explorer" to delete or rename bloatware such as blockbuster it won't work. I long press the blockbuster apk file and select "rename" and it give me an error saying "blockbuster.apk cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only".
    Can anyone help?
    Lance
    09-25-2010 06:23 PM
    Click R/W up top in root explorer it will change to R/O. You can now delete and edit names. Make sure when your done click on it again to go back to R/W.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-25-2010 06:34 PM
    Thanks tntdroid. That did the trick. Is there someplace I can go for documentation on "root explorer"?
    09-26-2010 01:37 AM
    If I rename the bloatware I have to rename it back to .apk to get any future updates correct?
    09-26-2010 01:40 PM
    I believe so.

09-26-2010 03:01 PM
    Click R/W up top in root explorer it will change to R/O. You can now delete and edit names. Make sure when your done click on it again to go back to R/W.

you want it to be R/W not R/O (read / write and read / only)
    09-26-2010 04:35 PM
    you want it to be R/W not R/O (read / write and read / only)
    yeah. when u click the only box you can click it states R/W and changes to R/O. To the left of that it shows that your now in R/W but I didnt want to make things harder to understand. Click R/W do your edits then click R/O to go back.
    09-26-2010 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD