Barnacle not working on 2.2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't get wifi tether or barnacle to work... any suggestions? Im flippin out a lil bit :confused:
Barnacle will open and becon the hotspot, but devices wont connect

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It does work, go to settings and activate the option to "skip wpa supplicant" barnacle will go balls to the walls for you :cool:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Of the two, which one performs better?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

to speak the truth... i like both. they both have their own strong points. i like to use wireless tether a lil more. main reason being is i use the tether function at most for my ipod touch. i havent really taken my laptop on the road to use them together yet. everytime my ipods screen sleeps, and i turn it back on to play a game or go back to a web page.using barnacle i have to close down the wifi connection and restore it, which really isnt a problem. i tried to using wifi tether and i dont have to constantly toggle the connection. to make a long story short... i like wifi tether a bit more. i do have both apps on my X though;):D

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I didn't know wireless tether could connect ipod? I thought only barnicle did. And no I've tried both barnicles and it sends but nothing connects

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I didn't know wireless tether could connect ipod? I thought only barnicle did. And no I've tried both barnicles and it sends but nothing connects

oh yeah:cool: give it a shot. i wasnt able to apply a security password using barnacle after the 2.2leak update. wireless tether will allow you to do it. but you need to create a 13character password

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It does work, go to settings and activate the option to "skip wpa supplicant" barnacle will go balls to the walls for you :cool:

quoting my own reply... but apply this setting and barnacle will work once again. i was freaked out for a while before i found the option