Safest way to go from factory fresh to FlyX? :)

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i keep tryin to load flyx. followed all of the supplied steps, but i keep getting this recovery failure message when i re-enter the rom manager after a system reboot. i did install flyX through rom manager premium... lookin for any and all help, much appreciated

Make sure you have Droid X Bootstrapper installed and have gone into the app and clicked "Bootstrap Recovery".

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with the FlyX ROM. I downloaded the FlyX v.0.1 FINAL from ROM Manager and proceeded to install it, without checking "Clear Data/Cache". My phone restarts and it begins the backup but then I am presented with a screen of options where I can select to install the update.zip from the SD card. I do that and it does something for a few seconds and goes back to the list of options. I then select to reboot and my phone boots up normal and there is nothing different about it.

What am I doing wrong?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
can you clarify what it does in recovery?

are there any errors listed?

also, you might want to wipe data/cache (iirc, you have to, the only people who don't are the ones going from the RC to final)

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I tried to edit my post but I guess that didn't work. I was clueless and I didn't even install the stock 2.2 image first. After I did that, FlyX installed without any problems. I love it, very snappy.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
When I want to reboot my X I get stuck at the clockwork recovery screen. None of the options actually work. The screen goes black when selected. When I pull the battery, and power on. Ill get the flyX reboot and the phone works fine. My question is how to get my X to reboot without having to pull the battery, simply powering off then on would nice

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so what happens when you click the camera button down on reboot?

try running the bootstrap app again or flashing clockwork again

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so what happens when you click the camera button down on reboot?

try running the bootstrap app again or flashing clockwork again

This.

When in clockwork recovery, if you click the power button, it'll make the screen black. While in recovery, you use the volume up + down to move the cursor, the camera button to select, and the power button to go back a screen.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to do this.

I have the first 2.2 leak on my SD card. Before I load that I move SU from system/bin to system/xbin and that will keep root?

Then I go into boot strapper and go to bootstrap recovery?
Then rom manager backup/wipe/install flyx?

then I'm on flyx?

Now if I'm on flyx and "factory" reset what happens? Do I lose everything or does flyx reset?

It seems like titanum pro is a no no? Anything else I can use to backup and restore my apps on flyx?

Is it worth updating from the first leak to 2nd leak on flyx?

I think that's all my questions! Thanks.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Well were up and running :) went smooth. Put beesly's build.prop on too. We'll see how the battery life is. Phone is smooth.

In my research I've noticed people putting Tranquility on top of flyx. What purpose would this surve? I know tranquility is vanilla android... but why would you piggy back it?

Any theme's out for flyx?

I have no doubt I made the right choice.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Well were up and running :) went smooth. Put beesly's build.prop on too. We'll see how the battery life is. Phone is smooth.

In my research I've noticed people putting Tranquility on top of flyx. What purpose would this surve? I know tranquility is vanilla android... but why would you piggy back it?

Any theme's out for flyx?

I have no doubt I made the right choice.

i've considered putting tranquility on top of flyx but decided against it as i like some of the blur apps that tbh has taken out in search of a vanilla experience (ie, i like the moto car home)

any theme for 2.2 will work on flyx as all they need is a deodexed rom, which flyx is. there's a few in rom manager, worth checking out.

i'm running the original leak and flyx with the samsung galaxy s theme, everything has been smooth as butter. i'm in no rush to update to the official OTA.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i've considered putting tranquility on top of flyx but decided against it as i like some of the blur apps that tbh has taken out in search of a vanilla experience (ie, i like the moto car home)

any theme for 2.2 will work on flyx as all they need is a deodexed rom, which flyx is. there's a few in rom manager, worth checking out.

i'm running the original leak and flyx with the samsung galaxy s theme, everything has been smooth as butter. i'm in no rush to update to the official OTA.

Thats good to know. I was thinkin about black glass or something of the like.

I still don't know if I grasp why you would load tranquility over flyx and not just skip flyx and load tranquility you know? What would you gain by having both?

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i was wondering the same thing . i am running Leaked 2.2 with FlyX and Onix blackmods for the black status bar effect. I also put on beesles build props to fix market. I did try the LCD density and didnot like it one bit! so reverted back . My phone is very snappy , in the high 1500's with benchmark. I am very happy with what i have , and dont look like im going to change for a while. I saw where TBH has a R2D2 rom. but i have never even watched star wars.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i was wondering the same thing . i am running Leaked 2.2 with FlyX and Onix blackmods for the black status bar effect. I also put on beesles build props to fix market. I did try the LCD density and didnot like it one bit! so reverted back . My phone is very snappy , in the high 1500's with benchmark. I am very happy with what i have , and dont look like im going to change for a while. I saw where TBH has a R2D2 rom. but i have never even watched star wars.

that's just not right.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you use for the benchmark?

I used quadrant standard and got 800 rebooted phone only got 1100. Not that the number means much because I know it runs better than that.

I also uploaded one of the gala themes.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you use for the benchmark?

I used quadrant standard and got 800 rebooted phone only got 1100. Not that the number means much because I know it runs better than that.

I also uploaded one of the gala themes.

I used quadrant standard . yeah mine runs in the 1480-1570 alot of the time . Like i said i am very pleased . But we all know these tests are not the true measure of performance . these phones take on a personality of there own. a 1000 test could very well be fast to the person using it , depending on what there doing. I like Fly X , take that back . I love Flyx , I put the black bar on it , and then Beesleys build props , and my battery is at 60%. been off all day.

It is totally wrong not to have seen Star Wars. But guess i never got around to it. If star wars was on my Droid X I WOULD watch it.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I used quadrant standard . yeah mine runs in the 1480-1570 alot of the time . Like i said i am very pleased . But we all know these tests are not the true measure of performance . these phones take on a personality of there own. a 1000 test could very well be fast to the person using it , depending on what there doing. I like Fly X , take that back . I love Flyx , I put the black bar on it , and then Beesleys build props , and my battery is at 60%. been off all day.

It is totally wrong not to have seen Star Wars. But guess i never got around to it. If star wars was on my Droid X I WOULD watch it.

I'm hitting 1300+ now.

Battery life is crazy good so far. I've been playing around with different themes and what not.

I've seen some star wars... Unfortuanatly I'm not into it as much as I should be because when I was little I had star wars and star trek confused so I thought it was lame. LOL

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you don't have to be into it, but it is a defining film of a generation and an era. while the prequel trilogy was pretty unamazing on many levels, the original trilogy is a classic.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
growing up i knew of star wars , i heard princess laya , and of luke skywalker. I even watched spaceballs! But never Starwars. Adiliyo what do you run on your phone ? what OS and theme?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
right now i have the first 2.2 leak with flyx (tried updating to the .15 leak, but for some reason or another it wouldn't flash)

i just switched themes last night from the gala x to invertnito which is a really simple white and black theme (think lcd)

here's my main screen (there is no black bar near the top, it showed up because of timing with drocap)
CAP201009270858.jpg

i like gala x a lot, but it was just time to switch things up a little bit. i wish we had more themes available for the x.

what did you think of spaceballs without having seen what they were parodying?

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
well i never new it was a parody of another movie until someone told me , i just thought it was a goofy movie . But i liked it , im sure if i watched star wars , spaceballs would make more sense. i thought about putting gala x on , but i really like the look of stock 2.2 . i guess after a while i will change things up .