root (framaroot?) with no sd card

tanasaprano

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Forgive the lack of insight, I am not too familiar with this.

I am trying to root an old Droid X(2.3.4/.621) with a faulty sd card reader using framaroot. I also don't have access to a PC, though I have access to a Mac Book but not sure if it can write optical media.

I tried to download the APK, after allowing third party application sources, but then I was instantly reminded of then phone's glaring design flaw. Obviously, the saving to SD card route is not an option and the stupid phone won't allow me to save to internal storage. Way to think it through, Motorola.

What are my options here, if any? Is there a way to install the exploit without the need to save to sd card?

If not, what would be the next best approach to rooting it given the resources I have at my disposal? Am I out of luck?

Any help, tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Again sorry for my level of ignorance in the area and thank you very much.

Regards,
Pat

tanasaprano

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but nothing really addressed a situation where the memory card reader within the phone is not working. There may be one method listed on there that I could attempt when I get back to my PC, though it certainly doesn't approach the simplicity that many other methods offer.

I may not even bother, as I use a Note 3 and have no need to ever turn the Droid X on again. But I would have liked to use the experience as a litmus test to guage wwhether it was worth considering root on the Note 3. I'm not going to entertain the idea of voiding a $700 warranty without knowing if the risk is worth tthe gains in performance, functionality, battery, etc.