I tried updating to 2.2 today and had a failure of Update.zip to initialize when unzipping. I used koush's bootstrap, chose wipe data, wipe cache,install update.zip. It began the process, said fail to initialize update.zip and went back to the menu. I then said reboot and recovered using my nandroid backup (Thanks Koush!).

I have update.zip installed in the root directory, su in the xbin directory. Did I do something wrong or is my update.zip file corrupted? Any ideas?
    09-18-2010 07:06 PM
    Dumb question did you root first?
    09-18-2010 07:16 PM
    how big is your update.zip file?
    09-18-2010 08:10 PM
    Are you using the first leaked 2.2 or the second that just came out. Heard you can't load right to the second one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-18-2010 08:55 PM
    Since you have rom manager and bootstrap you did not need to move the su. Just use the fresh 2.2 that is in rom manger it is a very simple install that way.
    09-18-2010 09:45 PM
    Sounds corrupted to me. I'd re-download the zip file and place it again in the root of the sdcard. Frankly if it's the first leaked 2.2 I can't see how you'd have any problem with it. It's so simple lol
    09-18-2010 10:28 PM
    I am rooted. The file size is 67.56 mb. I do not see a fresh copy of update.zip in rom manager. I will try downloading the file again. thank you!:o
    09-19-2010 10:08 AM
    I tried reinstalling the update.zip file. It is the same one from the location mentioned in the thread titled (Safest way to go from factory fresh to FlyX). That is what I am trying to do and avoid the OTA update.
    I reinstalled the update.zip file and used the install update.zip from ROM manager. It found the file and begins to install. Then it gives me an error, "Assert failed. Error in /sdcard d/update.zip. Installation Aborted.
    Does anyone have any idea why I am having this problem?
    09-19-2010 10:55 AM
    is that d in the path a typo?

the update.zip file should be in the root of your sdcard (/sdcard/update.zip)
    09-19-2010 12:08 PM
    I don't feel bad anymore..........he he
    09-19-2010 01:00 PM
    It is in the root. The path looks like /sdcard/update.zip using Root Explorer or Astro. But the the path /sdcard d/update.zip was shown in the error msg when trying to update. When I initialized the update a msg said it found the file and began the update. But seconds into the update, the error msg appears.
    09-19-2010 03:37 PM
    It is in the root. The path looks like /sdcard/update.zip using Root Explorer or Astro. But the the path /sdcard d/update.zip was shown in the error msg when trying to update. When I initialized the update a msg said it found the file and began the update. But seconds into the update, the error msg appears.
    which 2.2 leak are you trying to install? if it is the later leak (.13 iirc) try installing the original leak
    09-20-2010 01:48 PM
    I am now having this exact same problem. It also does it when I try to do it manually with a downloaded update.zip in the root of the sd. It doesn't seem to matter if I use koush's software or not, something isn't working.

09-21-2010 04:14 PM
    Matter of fact, tvc I would be curious to know where you got your update.zip, I can't remember where I finally found it now, but man was it a search to find a download that is still active. Does anyone know of a still active link that is DEFINITELY a good update.zip file? (i want to troubleshoot and eliminating the possibility of a corrupt file is a start)

09-21-2010 05:06 PM
    Seriously, can anyone think of something that would impede ANY kind of update from working? I mean, the leaked, the ota, everything fails! I did not get around to removing or renaming bloat ware, so that's not an issue. I did allow rom manager to "fix permissions", as suggested by koush to be a possible solution to rm not working...suggestions welcome.
    It just seems that my problems with putting in the leak are related to my problems with installing the ota.

09-22-2010 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD