GOT IT!!!

For all of Those Interested, here is what I did.

Not Responsible if you screw your device(s) up!!!!

Here is a link if you do! LINK HERE

I tried not to miss any steps but may have. Its midnight here and Iver been up for 20 hours. So sorry if I have. I will try to remember correctly.

Started with Stock 2.1 Update 1

Root with One Click -

Download BootStrap Marketplace or Here - And perform bootstrap recovery.

Install ROM Manager and Rom Manager Premium (from Market or 4shared.com)

Download Root Explorer and navigate to System/bin. Make sure it says Mounted as R/W up top. If not, Click Button. Scroll down until you see SU file and press hold and select MOVE. back out one and scroll down to xbin (system/xbin is full directory). Once in xbin, paste. Then Mount as R/O up top again. Back all the way out to home screen.

Download 2.2 Froyo Leak and install as update.zip to SDCard (4shared still has froyo file HERE - If Im not supposed to post that here, just remover please and leave the step if possible.)

Turn off phone then reboot with Power and home button.
    - Toggle Down with volume to Install Update from SD. Click ok with camera button

Let process complete and do not touch.

Once process is complete a reboot should start and boot up to 2.2 Froyo.

Go to Setting to confirm.

If confirmed, go to ROM Manager, Flash Clockwork Recovery, Droid X, Ok.

Download ROM and look through the Roms. I always perform back up. You can decide whether you want to wipe cache/data or not. You will have to re-install apps if you do.

Good Luck I am using BlackModz right now. I just wanted the Black Status Bar.

Thanks Nick
    09-21-2010 07:22 PM
    50 Views and no reply ...
    09-21-2010 09:47 PM
    Nevermind ..... GOT IT !!!!!!
    09-21-2010 10:15 PM
    For all of Those Interested, here is what I did.

Not Responsible if you screw your device(s) up!!!!

Here is a link if you do! LINK HERE

I tried not to miss any steps but may have. Its midnight here and Iver been up for 20 hours. So sorry if I have. I will try to remember correctly.

Started with Stock 2.1 Update 1

Root with One Click -

Download BootStrap Marketplace or Here - And perform bootstrap recovery.

Install ROM Manager and Rom Manager Premium (from Market or 4shared.com)

Download Root Explorer and navigate to System/bin. Make sure it says Mounted as R/W up top. If not, Click Button. Scroll down until you see SU file and press hold and select MOVE. back out one and scroll down to xbin (system/xbin is full directory). Once in xbin, paste. Then Mount as R/O up top again. Back all the way out to home screen.

Download 2.2 Froyo Leak and install as update.zip to SDCard (4shared still has froyo file HERE - If Im not supposed to post that here, just remover please and leave the step if possible.)

Turn off phone then reboot with Power and home button.
    - Toggle Down with volume to Install Update from SD. Click ok with camera button

Let process complete and do not touch.

Once process is complete a reboot should start and boot up to 2.2 Froyo.

Go to Setting to confirm.

If confirmed, go to ROM Manager, Flash Clockwork Recovery, Droid X, Ok.

Download ROM and look through the Roms. I always perform back up. You can decide whether you want to wipe cache/data or not. You will have to re-install apps if you do.

Good Luck I am using BlackModz right now. I just wanted the Black Status Bar.

09-21-2010 11:11 PM
    09-22-2010 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD