OTA 2.2 vs flyx

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
After seeing all the problems with the 2.2 OTA I'm considering just jumping on flyx. But I have a few questions.

Is the messaging ******ed on flyx like the 2.2 ota where the newest isnt' first?
Is there any market problems like the leak and ota?
Flyx doesn't come with swype... Can I just search for the swype apk and install it that way?

Mainly wondering if flyx is as buggy as 2.2 ota...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You can flyx with swype it still has market issues need beaselys build props. I'm running temblackhats rom which is the official it was out yesterday. Same one as official ota but itscleaned up.also tranquility rom is built of official ota rom that was released a day before official ota. That one has alot of the blur removed. As for messaging not sure I use handcent for my messages.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
After seeing all the problems with the 2.2 OTA I'm considering just jumping on flyx. But I have a few questions.

Is the messaging ******ed on flyx like the 2.2 ota where the newest isnt' first?
Is there any market problems like the leak and ota?
Flyx doesn't come with swype... Can I just search for the swype apk and install it that way?

Mainly wondering if flyx is as buggy as 2.2 ota...

Newest sms message doesn't move itself to the top...kinda weird. But its not a major problem for me. FlyX is very nice. Only bugs I get once on a while is ending a phone call. But it doesn't happen everytime. FlyX is nice...go for it:cool:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
First leaked 2.2 + Flyx is great. Who needs the official. Plus birdman will have us hooked up soon with more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
First leaked 2.2 + Flyx is great. Who needs the official. Plus birdman will have us hooked up soon with more.

+1

I look at these forums and feel awful for everyone that has problems with the OTA - It really sucks to have your phone brick if you played it straight the whole time and didn't even root. I'm running exact same OS as tnt and I've had zero issues. Phone flies, video smoother, galleries smooth, WAY better battery, etc. I even loaded Nate's super cool boot animation without issue (switched up from R2D2 from D2). And speaking of crazy stuff, you guys see that ROM Manager update? Next level.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You guys know if beesleys build props were built into Flyx. I had the build props to fix the market and battery then went and ran Flyx. Did that overwrite the props? Don't want to run the props again. Was going to ask birdman or beesley but im sure they are busy. Beesley tweeted if you search us bank in the market and only 4 show up then update. I got 4 so I guess ill try it out.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This weekend I'll probably do Flyx.. unless someone has a better recomindation. Verizon and moto can blow me.

Good one! Well, if there's something better out there,Throw a dog a bone. Im happy with flyX...something better?im soooooo there

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok just ran the build props. The market now shows 12 apps for us bank so that's good. My system now says 2.2 and not Flyx. The bloat is still gone so did the 2.2 name just overwrite the Flyx name. Can't tell by boot animation since I made my own. Hmmm. Seems to be working good.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I figure hell I have the 2.1 sbf I can roll back if I don't like flyx for what ever reason.. Going to OTA and rolling back would be a much bigger pain in the ***... Plus the leak was too buggy for me.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You guys know if beesleys build props were built into Flyx. I had the build props to fix the market and battery then went and ran Flyx. Did that overwrite the props? Don't want to run the props again. Was going to ask birdman or beesley but im sure they are busy. Beesley tweeted if you search us bank in the market and only 4 show up then update. I got 4 so I guess ill try it out.

Had a problem doing the build.props through Rom Manager so I grabed it from my sd card (after I downloaded it from the net) and pasted it in my system folder, did the us bank check and yup, about 15 results.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: I'm running the leak 2.2 w/FlyX and I got the "4 US Bank returns" market issue as well. I went into Beesley's section on ROM Manager and found several options - Not sure which one to run out of:

Build.prop mods
2.2 OTA Build.prop w/ Mods
OTA Market Fix - w/Mods
STOCK 2.2 OTA Build

Anyone? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair