i have never altered the framework in my phone, but i wanted to wait for the 2.2 OTA to come before i did since i know anything i did on 2.1 i would have had to revert before updating. so now that the ota is here, is changing the framework (i want the black status bar!) the same method as on 2.1? or do i need people smarter than myself to mess around with the new build before i do this?
    09-22-2010 04:52 PM
    i have never altered the framework in my phone, but i wanted to wait for the 2.2 OTA to come before i did since i know anything i did on 2.1 i would have had to revert before updating. so now that the ota is here, is changing the framework (i want the black status bar!) the same method as on 2.1? or do i need people smarter than myself to mess around with the new build before i do this?
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe that it should be the same since it worked on the leaked version (with the same version number as the OTA) but I'm hesitant in messing around with too much until the .sbf is out (hopefully soon) since there is no way to unbrick it (as of now) if anything goes wrong.
    09-22-2010 04:56 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe that it should be the same since it worked on the leaked version (with the same version number as the OTA) but I'm hesitant in messing around with too much until the .sbf is out (hopefully soon) since there is no way to unbrick it (as of now) if anything goes wrong.
    well, if you arent sure, avl, then i will wait. the last thing i need is a big black brick on my hands
    09-22-2010 05:22 PM
    well, if you arent sure, avl, then i will wait. the last thing i need is a big black brick on my hands
    That's my thoughts exactly. Even if somebody tells me that it'll work 100%, I don't think that I'm doing it until there's a way to get back from a brick.

That black bar sure was sweet though and I am indeed missing it.
    09-22-2010 05:24 PM
    That's my thoughts exactly. Even if somebody tells me that it'll work 100%, I don't think that I'm doing it until there's a way to get back from a brick.

That black bar sure was sweet though and I am indeed missing it.
    i have my status bar hidden right now, i cant stand the white one that much
    09-22-2010 05:26 PM
    Id wait till we have the sbf. Im running the black bar in rom manager with the leak 2.2 with no issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 05:27 PM
    I'm also in this boat. Waiting for a SBF so I can fix things if putting the black status bar fubars my phone
    09-22-2010 06:13 PM
    From P3Droid...

Do not apply themes, or anything else that requires deodexed ROMS as you will be stuck in a bootloop, FOREVER
    09-22-2010 06:55 PM
    From P3Droid...

Do not apply themes, or anything else that requires deodexed ROMS as you will be stuck in a bootloop, FOREVER
    well, definitely glad i asked the question then before making an assumption that it would work. would have been pissed if that had happened
    09-22-2010 07:18 PM
    so here's a link for status bar's for 2.2, but it says must be deodexed. What the hell does that mean?

Froyo 2.2 Dark Gray StatusBar - xda-developers
    09-22-2010 09:43 PM
    so here's a link for status bar's for 2.2, but it says must be deodexed. What the hell does that mean?

Froyo 2.2 Dark Gray StatusBar - xda-developers
    That would be with a rom like Flyx. That wont work with the ota update just yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD