1. Flawson's Avatar
    I'm really close. I almost tried flashing sbf 2.1 on my phone as a last resort, but hadn't done it yet...sounds like maybe that's not the way to go.
    So I could never get an update.zip to work properly, it was on sd root and all that jazz, whether I moved su or not, it always said "failed to assert" and sometimes also said "signature failed"..
    So today I said, hell with it, I'll just take the ota and wait for root on that...but the update fails every time.
    I have:
    Successfully unrooted
    Done a factory reset
    Tried to dl the update a billion times

    I did not:
    Remove any apps
    Ever succeed in installing any rom, not with rom manager and the bootstrapper, everything failed

    It always stops on the unpacking screen, about a quarter of the way in on the progress bar. It then goes to the !
    (then says update failed on start)
    Does anyone have ANY ideas?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 09:16 PM
  2. GivenToFly's Avatar
    same thing was happening to me. couldn't get any of the update.zips to work, couldn't get the ota to work either.

    I ended up having to sbf to get it to work.
    09-22-2010 09:57 PM
  3. Flawson's Avatar
    That did work though? This other post on that subject is scaring me

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 09:59 PM
  4. GivenToFly's Avatar
    yeah, worked fine. Updated to 2.2 OTA, then used Droid 2 root method to root 2.2. I've read some nightmare stories around too that scared me a little, but I've got my Incredible, and OG Droid to fall back on, plus insurance, so I can take those risks.

    As a note, I put back the stock build.prop, and did a phone reset before loading the sbf. I don't know if that matters, but it probably wouldn't hurt anything.
    09-22-2010 10:40 PM
  5. Flawson's Avatar
    Okay, so for my problem, it was koush's bootstrap that was stopping it.
    I did the following:
    Rerooted
    Deleted logwrapper file with root explorer
    Then renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

    That was all...


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD