If we're running the leak, what happens regarding OS fixes that are released?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So if your just running the straight up 2.2 leak (not FlyX or any other fancy pants named OS), what happens when fixes/updates to the official 2.2 come out? How do we get those fixes on our phone? Will there be another Update.zip that we reboot on, or will the only way to get it be from installing a ROM Manager and loading up something like FlyX (or what ever the latest is called)?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You would have to wait till someone provides a manually installable updated leak.

The latest leak was dropped just a day or two before the OTA. So when Moto patches this SMS bug, you will probably see another leaked build right around the time the OTA update is pushed.

Since you have gone the leaked OS route, you will not be able to receive OTA updates. You will need to rely on our friendly developers and hackers to keep you updated.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but I guess this means that every so often, a new update.zip file is compiled by developers somewhere?

Assuming that's correct, is any particular site that I would want to check for these updates? I'm sure that threads would get started here, but sometimes, they can get buried pretty quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez