Verizon said to visit store to downgrade to 2.1... bad idea??

harryj

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I updated on Wed
intermittent "stuck on M" like so many others
Able to get in via recovery mode.
I am still under 30 days on DX
Verizon said to visit a V store to revert back to 2.1

Is there any reason to insist on a new phone?
Any hidden files that may prevent me from unlocking in the future ??
I have held off on rooting etc...

Thx

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you liked your X on 2.1, why would you exchange it? There's just some hick-up in 2.2 for a small percentage of users. I'd go to there site and get your phone back on 2.1, then wait for the issues to get resolved and upgrade later to 2.2.

If you did not like your X to begin with, then exchange it.

harryj

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thx..

What I really want to know is if there are some hidden files that may prevent me from rooting or unlocking in the future.
I read somewhere that once 2.2 is on system, some double locked boot loader remains after downgrading??

I did like 2.1. I am finding 2.2 to be much more sluggish... I do realize it is going to get better.

I am getting a Quadrant reading of 1300 - 1500 (changes) which sounds great, but it feels slower than 2.1... not to mention the intermittent stuck on "M" screen issue

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The security is the same in 2.1 as it is in 2.2 they just changed the keys so you couldn't downgrade to 2.1. Thx to the d2 being released with 2.2 the root method is the same as is the unroot method. Not saying that wont change with future releases

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually heard they have a way to get it back to 2.1. And if they brick it they will give you a new one.