Returning my X, how can I completely unroot 2.2 OTA update?

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm sick of these wifi and now froyo problems. I do not want the X any longer, and I'm returning it.

How can I completely remove the root from the phone? Is there a way to do a complete format and wipe of the phone, or must I do some sort of "unroot"?

Thanks everyone!

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I running 2.2 OTA...so I guess I'll just try that. This wifi issue is ridiculous. It's like I have to reconfigure every wireless server I find...never had to do that with my iPhone:/

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So, you have the knowledge to root, but not the knowledge to unroot? Or fix the issues? 2.2 has brought an onslaught of whiners to these forums.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
But you couldn't do all this fun stuff with that I*hone... sucks the update messed up some phones. I hope a fix is out for everyone soon. Still on the leak 2.2 with Flyx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So, you have the knowledge to root, but not the knowledge to unroot? Or fix the issues? 2.2 has brought an onslaught of whiners to these forums.

So true. Verizon has a fix. Take it to the store and bam your back to 2.1 until things are worked out. For first time smart phone android users doing your first update and it not being all wonderful I understand your upset but it is hard to read the threads now with everyones problems. 99% were answered already just google it or search the other android sites before all the posts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I understand that issues can be "fixed"...however, altering the settings on other peoples' routers is HARDLY what I call a fix. Am I supposed to walk into Starbucks and ask them if I can change the settings on their router so that I am capable of using it? Gimme a break. Let's face it, Froyo for the X has been a huge let down...and honestly, the X has been a let down.