leaked 2.2 root?

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
so I was wondering, can I root my phone if im on the 2.2 root? I remember seeing that there was a way somewhere online but I can't find the link, any help is appreciated :)

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah, had it since it came out like a month ago, but I feel the need to root now, especially because the bootloader seems to be getting close to getting cracked.

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Check out my link in my signature...... I have the infor in the video and the description . Its for leaked 2.2 not official 2.2

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, sorry, My bad. You can use the 3 click D2 way possibly. Check out the Droid X Hacks section for it. Not to sure on that one though. I havent looked into it.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
now when I root do i lose my info and whatnot or does it just add the root capabilities on my phone? sorry I'm completely new to this haha

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You won't lose any info but if you don't have any need to root, then there's not really any reason to.

I keep hearing people saying the bootloader is close to being cracked but that's been going around for a while now and I haven't heard anything about it in some time now.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
well I wanna change then otification bar to something like the sense ui, and i want copy/paste and other root apps, but I'm pretty new to all this rooting stuff lol

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You won't lose any info but if you don't have any need to root, then there's not really any reason to.

I keep hearing people saying the bootloader is close to being cracked but that's been going around for a while now and I haven't heard anything about it in some time now.

Remember we got the keys to the car but its in a large full parking lot of the same cars. Have no fear it will happen. Moto can't and wont hold us down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Remember we got the keys to the car but its in a large full parking lot of the same cars. Have no fear it will happen. Moto can't and wont hold us down.

As much as I'd love for it to happen, I'm not holding my breath. I haven't heard any good news in a while about it and now with the new bootloader from the OTA, it even got worse.

Still have my hopes up for it though.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I know what your saying. Im just hoping too. I did not do the ota as birdman said to wait. Im fine with the 2.2 leak for now. If the ota locked the bootloader more it would be a big set back. Hoping waiting the old bootloader will still be cracked and my waiting will have paid off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power