might want to wait on that 2.2 root.

will YOU Root?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

victormolina15

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
so i heard there has been a few bugs here and there over this new 2.2 update, and well i have noticed some ( clock bug, text bugs) , i was about to root my droid today, BUT i saw that there pushing another software update. i dont know if rooted users can upgrade? or not, so what do u guys think root or non root and play it safe. :cool:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
first, i dont recall seeing anything about how a bug fix update was imminent. dont get me wrong, i am sure there will be one, but who know when it will happen.

secondly, you can still get the OTA if you are rooted; it is just that you lose root when you do. and being that someone will almost assuredly have a rooting method up within short order of the update, you will be able to get it back that quickly. i would say root. just dont go removing bloatware or anything like that, as that stuff would have to be replaced before updating

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
And who said you had to load the official releases. If you rooted back with 2.1 then loaded the leaked 2.2 their was no reason to loose root just luke their isn't now. Load the leaked software I know the ota was leaked the day before it released. If they can get the bootloader unlocked you shouldn't have to worry about ota updates just load the leaked roms that have all the security features removed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC