If your using Titanium, can Backup Assistant be frozen?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted on the 2.2 leak and have the paid version of Titanium Backup. Are there any negative consequences to using Titanium to freeze Verizon's Backup Assistant? I don't really know what it does, and I'm not that found of using anything Verizon outside of their outstanding network.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I used Tib to freeze backup assistant. I don't use it and don't want it either. Haven't noticed anything negative afterwards.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What does "freezing" do?

Titanium Backup has a great feature that allows you to" freeze" an app. It just blocks the app from system so that it can't be used or use any system resources. This way you can always "defrost" it if you want to allow it back in to use. LOL

Just a safe way to remove bloat without actually deleting it.

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There were actually 3 apps associated with backup...

I even had to freeze two messaging apps cuz I was getting duplicates from the wrong time. Very handy for testing which one I actually needed to keep.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i've had backup assistant (as well as a bunch of other blur/verizon related apps/service frozen with no ill results as of yet as well.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Do updates and patches like the coming fix for SMS still get pushed to us when we have these bloatware apps Frozen or do we need to Defrost them first?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Freeze the App and if no problems occur you can delete it. Consider a backup of the App before deletion so you can restore it if you want at a later time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool