Has anyone posted anything on how to get the dark/black status bar? I'd this basically a file swapping thing or is it waiting for 2.2 to be rooted then doing so?

Also why the hell isn't it an option to be able to do this stock?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers!
    09-26-2010 10:06 PM
    I'm rooted using the Droid 2 method and running the Onix Concepts black bar mod from Rom manager. It's not perfect though, the clock and some other stuff is black on black.
    09-26-2010 10:11 PM
    You rooted after the new 2.2 update?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-26-2010 10:28 PM
    Yes I did. Used the easy method on xda forums for the Droid 2. It works on the X as well.

Heres a link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...53&postcount=2
    09-26-2010 10:44 PM
    DL blackmodz from rom manager. Flash and bada bing. Looks good and no flaws here
    09-26-2010 10:47 PM
    I'm rooted using the Droid 2 method and running the Onix Concepts black bar mod from Rom manager. It's not perfect though, the clock and some other stuff is black on black.
    Are you deodex? I read some others with the same issue and that and also not being bootstrapped made it not work 100%
    09-26-2010 10:52 PM
    My question is if I do this root,can I unroot it at anytime?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-26-2010 11:14 PM
    DL blackmodz from rom manager. Flash and bada bing. Looks good and no flaws here
    But I have to roit first correct or can I just download rom manager and do it through that?

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!
    09-26-2010 11:27 PM
    Are you deodex? I read some others with the same issue and that and also not being bootstrapped made it not work 100%
    My Rom is not deodexed. You may be right.

But I have to roit first correct or can I just download rom manager and do it through that?

You need to be rooted to run Rom manager.
    09-26-2010 11:31 PM
    How do I search for the black bar you spoke of...I'm rooted

09-27-2010 11:20 PM

It's in ROM Manager.
    09-27-2010 11:27 PM
    you need to be rooted and deodexed to theme on 2.2. after that it is as simple as installing the droid x bootstrap app and rom manager on your phone, running the bootstrapper (so you can reboot into recovery), and then downloading and installing your rom. as always, have an sbf handy and create a nandroid backup of your phone (using clockwork recovery) before flashing any roms to your phone. if you have never flashed roms until now (like myself, until recently), i would recommend doing as much research as possible on the topic before doing anything, as things can get hairy if you dont know what youre doing.
    doctorlove316 likes this.
    09-27-2010 11:28 PM
    I almost am regretting rooting now this is pretty overwhelming stuff.. Can/should I turn back now and un root?

Haha thanks for your help terp!

09-27-2010 11:45 PM
    Can I just download a sbf of the new 2.2 our do I need to create it?

09-27-2010 11:46 PM
    I almost am regretting rooting now this is pretty overwhelming stuff.. Can/should I turn back now and un root?

Haha thanks for your help terp!

i was also very tenative, even back on my OG droid, just because of the worst-cast scenario. however, as long as you follow the instructions to the letter and have backups, you should be fine.

btw, if you are only rooted and nothing else, it wont hurt anything to keep root on there. even if you dont want to get into flashing/theming, you can still take advantage of stuff like wireless tether and titanium backup
    09-28-2010 12:45 AM
    ]

Open rom manager...select download rom...select onix concepts...then select blackmodz. Rom manager will DL the file them ask if you want to backup and wipe the device. I didn't wipe it. Only made a backup file. The phone will reboot then your pretty black bar will be boom bam good to go!
    09-28-2010 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD