Ok I have been reading through the forums what is the difference between deodex and root I cannot seem to find an answer also what are the benefits or is it just another way to say root thank you in advance for the help
    09-26-2010 11:22 PM
    deodex lets you have themes and change things like notifacation bar or lock screen.

Root lets you run root only apps and move around files and tweek things.
    If you plan on doing anything with your phone you should root and deodex.
    B_Wat likes this.
    09-26-2010 11:47 PM
    Root access is related to permissions on your device, like having administrator privileges on your computer.

Deodexed and odexed becomes important when theming roms. Themes require the files to be deodexed.
    B_Wat likes this.
    09-26-2010 11:51 PM
    I guess I typed that reply pretty slow lol.
    B_Wat likes this.
    09-26-2010 11:52 PM
    Ok so I have the droid x rooted with official 2.2 how do I deodex, sorry for all the questions.Thank you for the clarification though.
    09-26-2010 11:55 PM
    Ok so I have the droid x rooted with official 2.2 how do I deodex, sorry for all the questions.Thank you for the clarification though.
    Look at the root section for the X. Someone posted a how to. Its will be one of the first few.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-27-2010 07:23 AM
    09-27-2010 01:29 PM
    please help! how do i get my adb up so that i can put the command prompts in when i try to open it it just opens and closes real fast please help i have done everything else already and all is well im on the last step please help
    09-28-2010 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD