Dang it, I had 2.3.13 installed and thought Beesley's rom was an update to 2.3.15 nope it went back to 2.3.09.

Can someone tell me in Rom Manager is there a Rom for the latest 2.3.15?

If not what Rom do you guys like and why?

Thanks
    09-27-2010 06:31 PM
    Beesley doesn't put out ROMs, he puts out build.prop modifications.

The only ROMs (for now) are Tranquility (not on ROM Manager) and FlyX.
    09-27-2010 07:04 PM
    Your os is still the same. The build props just come up like that. Not sure why. Its only tweeks to time on things. You will notice faster scrolling and after a call the black screen will disappear faster among other tweeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-27-2010 07:13 PM
    Do you know if flyx is running the latest?
    Thank you for replying.
    09-27-2010 07:13 PM
    i think flyx is still running off the fist leak, i'm running it, and i don't really have any issues.
    09-27-2010 08:22 PM
    Flyx is off the first leak. No issues and will keep it till birdman comes ip with an update.

09-27-2010 08:51 PM
    Flyx is off the first leak. No issues and will keep it till birdman comes ip with an update.

Same here!!!!!!!!!!
    09-27-2010 09:26 PM
    yea, i've been tempted to try out tranqulity, but i don't like the direction they are taking the rom.

when i want vanilla android, i want proper vanilla android, and i can wait for that to happen after we get our cracked bootloader.
    09-28-2010 12:41 AM
    hey adilio , i too am running FlyX , But was curious about this vanilla android . whats different from FlyX? The X is the first Android i have had.
    09-28-2010 08:14 PM
    vanilla android is android without any overlays by manufacturers.

tranquility tries to accomplish this by removing some of the blur apps and installing the stock apps, which kind of works. but i want android running on a non motorola kernel and with no blur anywhere to be found if i want vanilla android. (something like the supposedly upcoming sapphire rom, or CM6)

until we get around the stupid bootloader though, don't expect anything spectacular ROM wise on the droid x or d2.
    09-28-2010 09:25 PM
    anyone have any idea why when I run rom manager and download flyX and it tells me to boot into recovery mode, so I do that and it says press ok if you are sure you want to do that and I push ok and nothing happens. I have the 928Droid black glass theme installed at the moment if that makes any difference.
    09-28-2010 09:25 PM
    anyone have any idea why when I run rom manager and download flyX and it tells me to boot into recovery mode, so I do that and it says press ok if you are sure you want to do that and I push ok and nothing happens. I have the 928Droid black glass theme installed at the moment if that makes any difference.
    Because u type everything in bold!!!!!!!!
    09-28-2010 09:36 PM
    Do you have bootstrap working?

09-28-2010 09:50 PM
    Do you have bootstrap working?

this.

i would reapply the bootstrap just in case
    09-28-2010 10:22 PM
    this.

i would reapply the bootstrap just in case

so just open it up and run it again before attempting to install flyX?
    09-29-2010 04:25 AM
    yea, if that doesn't help then you can troubleshoot from there
    09-29-2010 12:06 PM
    yea, i've been tempted to try out tranqulity, but i don't like the direction they are taking the rom.

when i want vanilla android, i want proper vanilla android, and i can wait for that to happen after we get our cracked bootloader.
    I think a lot people would enjoy Tranquility. I had the FlyX and was impressed until the force closing camera issues (panoramic mode shots). So I sbf 'd back and am now trying out this Tranquilty. I'm liking it so far.
    09-30-2010 08:36 AM
    I think a lot people would enjoy Tranquility. I had the FlyX and was impressed until the force closing camera issues (panoramic mode shots). So I sbf 'd back and am now trying out this Tranquilty. I'm liking it so far.

when you say sbf'd back is that the same thing of just restoring to a backup?
    09-30-2010 10:02 AM
    Restoring to backup would be easier if you have a backup to go to. My X was acting crazy (static wallpaper,etc) so I started over....

09-30-2010 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD