Look for the updated marketplace to replace the one in my leaked 2.3.13. I have Rom Manager installed if the standalone market is in there which one would it be?

Thanks all.
    09-28-2010 11:58 AM
    There's not an updated marketplace. There's a build.prop in ROM Manager to trick the market to think you're running an official 2.2 device if that's what you mean.
    09-28-2010 12:04 PM
    Search the market for us bank. if only four show up run the build props in rom manager. It will update the market and will show u around 12 then for us bank. Us bank is just to test if its upbto date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-28-2010 12:05 PM
    Thanks avlfive, perhaps that is what I am thinking. What update is that on ROM Manager and will it only updated that and not take my OS down to 2.3.9?

Thanks again for the reply.
    09-28-2010 12:06 PM
    Damn I type slow

09-28-2010 12:07 PM
    Your op will show .9 it's the first one marked build.prop

09-28-2010 12:08 PM
    Thank you for the quick replies you guys ROCK!
    09-28-2010 12:10 PM
    BTW, it doesn't take your OS down, it's just that when the build.prop was created, that was the latest leak. You can modify your build.prop to show whatever OS version you want but it doesn't mean that's really what you're running.
    09-28-2010 12:30 PM
    avlfive, two questions then,
    1) I want to read up on birdman and Beesley's mods where can I do that?
    2) What mod, if any, do you recommend?

I'd like to keep my system as is as far as looks and installed software.

Thanks
    09-28-2010 12:37 PM
    If you want to keep your system as is, then you'll have to go with the limited market like you have now.

I recommend FlyX or Tranquility (from the Team Black Hat app) but they change the software a bit and remove bloat and things like that.

Sounds like you don't want anything like that though so if you want the full market, you'd have to load Beesley's build.prop market fix.

Feel free to experiment and try the different things out, but JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST SO YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK.
    admiral70 likes this.
    09-28-2010 12:43 PM
    @avlfive, I went ahead and installed Beesley's OTA Market Fix - w/Mods but DID NOT do a wipe this time. I think that was my problem I kept wiping data and cache and it would blow away everything.

I appear to have the market fix and kept my OS version. I am not completely sure what mods took place but will watch it.

I wish there was a place to read what these things modify. I know sometimes you have to just trust but darn...

Thank you for replying back really appreciate it.

I look forward to a 2.3.15 rom/mod/ something.
    09-28-2010 01:12 PM
    The build props fixed somethings like the market. Also timing set on some actions on the phone. When you call someone the time the phone takes to ring was shortened. The time the black screen showed up after a call was shortened. Its just some small tweeks to improve the performance of the phone.

admiral70 likes this.
    09-28-2010 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD