sd_shadow PLEASE READ AND REPLY!!!!!

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
droid x2 sbf to 2.3.3 with sd_shadows list of sbfs
ota update to 2.3.4
rooted with petes root tools
installed system recover bootstrap for dx2
i have tried everything and CANNOT get it to flash anything but eclipse.
is there a cm9 (because its my favoirite) or cm10 specifically for dx2?

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
droid x2 sbf to 2.3.3 with sd_shadows list of sbfs
ota update to 2.3.4
rooted with petes root tools
installed system recover bootstrap for dx2
i have tried everything and CANNOT get it to flash anything but eclipse.
What is everything? Which eclipse version.
is there a cm9 (because its my favoirite) or cm10 specifically for dx2?
If the rom was not built for DX2 it will not work.
link to DX2's cm10 in my list

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Everything as in I tried flashing reRevovery and installing from there and ut didn't work also eclipse version 7.4. I just cannot win with this dx2 everytime I try to flash a rom it says error in emmc/ and then some directory ill post exactly what it says in a minute.

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Assert failed:getprop ("ro.product.device")== "cm-10"
E: error in /sdcard/download/cm-10-20121007-UNOFFICIAL-daytona.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

- - - Updated - - -

Also I was confusing the version with something else from 4shated lol it was eclipse 2.1 ibelieve

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
you can't update if you removed any stock apps
try temp unrooting
or just flash the 2.3.4/1.3.380 sbf, which is what I always recommend, the updates just cause problems.

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
at the bottom of the about phone screen it says PRL VERSION does it matter what version that is because the screen shot for 2.3.4 on the firmware list that u gave me in the reply above is different from what i have

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
and nvm i got it to download lol this dx2 has thrown me for loop as my dx was to easy to root and flash however sadly my dx physically broke and i gave it a proper burial in the trashcan amidst a a final prayer for it that which included a few cursewords out of anger.

Marc Jenkins1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
ok so the ezSBF.iso that i downloaded from that link says this when i click on it : the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail" i figured since it was a program to boot the computer from the cd with i just burned it to the disc anyway and then i tried to boot from the disc and my pc just booted as normal. am i doing something wrong? i am runng windows 7

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
ok so the ezSBF.iso that i downloaded from that link says this when i click on it : the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail" i figured since it was a program to boot the computer from the cd with i just burned it to the disc anyway and then i tried to boot from the disc and my pc just booted as normal. am i doing something wrong? i am runng windows 7
.iso is a Disc Image format you need to use a Disc image burner like ImgBurn see [TOOL] ezSBF DX2

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
...im using the dx2 bootstrapper and i still cant flash anything im stumped
Follow
Installing BSR
1. Download BSR onto your computer http://www.markhm1972.com/MotorolaDroidX2/MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar
2. unzip it and place it on your external sd card (with your phone in usb mass storage mode.)
3. on your phone go to Settings-->applications and make sure "unknown sources" is checked.
4. use your file manager app to locate it it
5. press it and choose package install, and install it.
6. you will now have an app called system recovery, open it and press "install recovery"

***Important: In order to enter BSR/System recovery YOU MUST BE PLUGGED INTO A WAll CHARGER, not the computer or anything else, A WALL CHARGER***

To Install a rom
1. Download rom on to your computer.
2. Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
3.Place the entire zip on your external SD card using USB mass storage mode. (not in a folder just on your card. Do not unzip it)
4. Again make sure you are plugged in to a wall charger and enter Recovery Mode again through system recovery
5. In the recovery menu go down and highlight "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and select it.
6. Once that is complete go down and select "Install zip from SDCARD"
7. On the next screen select the second option "choose zip from sdcard"
8. Go down and highlight "ROMs .zip" and select it.
9. Once that process is complete Reboot System Now
10. The first bootup will take the longest, so don't worry ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1