I'm relatively new to android and I tried my hand successfully at rooting the 2.2 OTA. I was then feeling a little braver but not brave enough to manually deodex my system, but when the automatic method was revealed I successfully managed to do that and get the 928Droid Black Glass theme on my phone as well. I also downloaded the zip file to go back to the stock theme and was wondering if I do that then will i then be odexed again?

Another question is, what is the best way for a complete backup? Titanium, Bootstrapper? I mean if I wanna just go back to my 2.2 with root the way it is where would I go to load my backup? I know I have backed up my phone completely with Titanium and I have a folder on my sd card called clockwork mod with a file named backup in there....which is the best way to just load it back to my 2.2 with root if I ever need to.

Also, is running a custom ROM like FlyX completely different than just running the Black Glass Theme that I am currently using...would I still be able to use my backup to go back to where I was if I decided I didn't want to use it?

Sorry for all the questions but just doing this all at once has sort of overwhelmed me and I just want to know how to apply make and apply my backups if I ever need to. Thanks for any help.
    09-29-2010 07:36 AM
    the best backup is a nandroid backup which is done in clockwork recovery.

to make a nandroid backup, use bootstrap to boot into recovery, go to backup/restore and make a backup.

to restore from a nandroid, do the same thing, but instead of backup, choose restore

going back to a stock theme after deodexing should still keep your system deodexed.

flyx is a deodexed rom (based on the original 2.2 leak) that is also zipaligned, so it's a little different than just a theme, but not that far off from it.
    09-29-2010 12:02 PM
    Is this the Droid X Recovery app by Clockwork Mod in AppBrain?

just trying to make sure I get this nandroid back up correct before I begin Rom/Theme install.
    10-01-2010 09:39 AM
    it should be, it's in the market for sure

you can also get it from here:

My Brain Hurts

the market one costs a couple bucks, but it goes to support one of the guys who figured out ways to do almost anything with our phones..
    10-01-2010 11:44 AM
    it should be, it's in the market for sure

you can also get it from here:

My Brain Hurts

the market one costs a couple bucks, but it goes to support one of the guys who figured out ways to do almost anything with our phones..
    Hello Adiliyo,

A noob here, how do you use Bootstrap to boot into recovery?
    10-01-2010 04:02 PM
    Hello Adiliyo,

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post374824

That post worked for me.
    10-01-2010 05:09 PM
    Hello Adiliyo,

Open the Bootstrap application, Bootstrap Recovery, Reboot Recovery, DONE.
    10-01-2010 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD