I remember seeing the list and instruction back in the 2.1 days, is anything different for 2.2? Can anyone post the link to it? Thanks.

PS. Sorry if this is already posted, I did not see it and was surprised it was not a sticky.
    09-29-2010 10:01 AM
    I found it.

Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

As a test i backed up CityID and then un-installed it with Titanium Backup. Now there is no restore button, but it still shows that is backup up. Does that make sense to anyone? Is there any way to rename the packages without going into ADB shell? I was hoping something like titanium would have an option for renaming (or backup/restore that worked) instead of just delete.
    09-29-2010 11:08 AM
    use root explorer
    just rename the apk to .bak
    there is enough space on the phone you don't have to worry about a 1-3mb file causing you issues, so just rename them and be done with it.
    if you have to go back for any reason, then rename them back.
    09-29-2010 11:57 AM
    Ok, thanks. I just bought it.
    09-29-2010 12:27 PM
    use root explorer
    just rename the apk to .bak
    there is enough space on the phone you don't have to worry about a 1-3mb file causing you issues, so just rename them and be done with it.
    if you have to go back for any reason, then rename them back.
    Another GOOD reason to have ROOT, gotta love it! It's the small things in life...............
    09-30-2010 08:22 AM
    I noticed even after renaming all the files to .bak a lot of them were running after a reboot. I then used autostarter to stop them from starting. I don't quite get it.
    09-30-2010 12:54 PM
    I noticed even after renaming all the files to .bak a lot of them were running after a reboot. I then used autostarter to stop them from starting. I don't quite get it.
    Do a backup (bootstrap does a carbon copy) and then give Tranquility Rom a try.........

Tranquility 2.3.3: A Blurless Droid X is within Reach
    10-01-2010 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD