I know I'm not seeing things but it APPEARS that my Droid is trying to update to the OTA. I keep getting the DOWNLOAD OF UPDATE FAILED message. How do I get rid of it? (I;m sure it's not MArket related)

Rooted on leaked froyo themed with Tranquility......
    09-30-2010 10:59 PM
    Weird im running first leaked 2.2 with Flyx and some other nods and its not trying to update.

sent by me on my X
    09-30-2010 11:18 PM

Some crazy s#it....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-30-2010 11:40 PM
    Crazy. I think I read someplace u can edit a file that will stop that but not sure where...

sent by me on my X
    10-01-2010 12:13 PM
    Thanks, I was hoping for something like that. I found out that I did do a backup to my surprise. Went back to stock 2.2 leak and now everything is running silky smooth. Loving this Tranquility Rom! I had checked for update prior to installing the rom. What a noob. So don't touch that dial!

10-01-2010 10:32 PM
    Lol good thing it all worked out. 2.2 ota is bad!

sent by me on my X
    10-01-2010 10:43 PM
    Well.............it came back, So I did some snooping around. I'm gonna rename the upgrade.apk first and if that don't cut it then I'll try messing with some text editing in the build.prop . Just not sure exactly where in the build.prop but after some sleep tonight I'll have this beat for sure,

Update, found an atrticle that might help......
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...a-updates.html
    10-02-2010 12:33 AM
    Ok im almost waving the white flag on this issue, im on 2.2 leaked. Would using beasleys OTA BUILD.PROP help?

Update, I found the ota file and deleted it. Then went to build.prop file and did some editing. Ill do a restart this evening. If successful ill add more detail....

Update-10/7/10. Found a solution. I sbf back and rooted except this time I used Rom Managers 2.2 build. Then I flashed the latest Rom of Tranquility. NO MORE UPDATE FAILED NOTICES!!!! BOOYAH.
    10-04-2010 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD