ok so help me clear this up and work out a plan...

I am running OTA 2.2... I installed it 2 days after receiving my X and have had absolutely no problems at all... I rooted before installing 2.2 and then re-rooted after. Here's my steps since then:
    • I created a Nandroid backup of my basically stock 2.2 setup.
    • Then I deodexed the phone and created another Nandroid backup and also created a Titanium Backup as well.
    • I then installed the BlackModz rom using Rom Manager and then created another Nandroid backup.
    • Since then, I've installed LP+ and a handful of other apps and have got my screens where I want them using these settings.

My question is this... I'd like to try a full theme now... something like WinAndroid 7 from xDa or something along those lines... so what steps from here should I take to be able to basically undo the WinAndroid 7 theme if I don't like it and get back to my BlackModz setup I have now?

Should I just do another Titanium Backup and then a Nandroid backup, download the theme, install using Rom Manager? If I don't like it I would then restore the last Nandriod backup and then Titanium Backup to fix the app settings?

What are your thoughts on this?
    10-01-2010 10:31 PM
    ok so help me clear this up and work out a plan...

I am running OTA 2.2... I installed it 2 days after receiving my X and have had absolutely no problems at all... I rooted before installing 2.2 and then re-rooted after. Here's my steps since then:
    • I created a Nandroid backup of my basically stock 2.2 setup.
    • Then I deodexed the phone and created another Nandroid backup and also created a Titanium Backup as well.
    • I then installed the BlackModz rom using Rom Manager and then created another Nandroid backup.
    • Since then, I've installed LP+ and a handful of other apps and have got my screens where I want them using these settings.

My question is this... I'd like to try a full theme now... something like WinAndroid 7 from xDa or something along those lines... so what steps from here should I take to be able to basically undo the WinAndroid 7 theme if I don't like it and get back to my BlackModz setup I have now?

Should I just do another Titanium Backup and then a Nandroid backup, download the theme, install using Rom Manager? If I don't like it I would then restore the last Nandriod backup and then Titanium Backup to fix the app settings?

What are your thoughts on this?
    That's exactly what you should do. But no need for Titanium Backup unless you really fell like you need to or haven't in a while. The nandroid backup will take you back to EXACTLY what you were at in that point in time.
    10-01-2010 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD