Pictures Disappearing after Flashing FlyX?

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid it may be too late here, but I figured I'd see if anyone else has had this problem. As of yesterday, I was on the 2.2 OTA, rooted. I decided to try out FlyX and the BlackModz theme (from ROM Manager). I have Titanium (Paid), so I backed up all of my third party apps and system data. I also created a nandroid backup. I didn't think to back up my pictures/videos/etc., since I didn't think the SD Card was going to be affected. However, after flashing FlyX and BlackModz, I discovered that ALMOST all of my pictures were gone, along with all of my videos. Eight pictures out of 400 are left; however, these pictures were in the same folders as the ones that disappeared. I checked via Files and via my computer (through USB Mass Storage), and they seem to be completely gone.

I'm assuming flashing back via my nandroid backup won't do me any good, as I don't believe that backs up anything on the SD Card. Am I SOL here? Has anyone else run into this?

If nothing else, I've learned a lesson about backing up my pictures more regularly.

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I should add that some of the "missing" files are wallpapers and icons that are still in use by Setting Profiles and Launcher Pro Plus, and are still appearing on the homescreens. Also, for some reason, Launcher Pro will not allow me to backup my current homescreens. I get an error message which says, "An error occurred while trying to make the backup. Please make sure the SD card is available."

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I should add that some of the "missing" files are wallpapers and icons that are still in use by Setting Profiles and Launcher Pro Plus, and are still appearing on the homescreens. Also, for some reason, Launcher Pro will not allow me to backup my current homescreens. I get an error message which says, "An error occurred while trying to make the backup. Please make sure the SD card is available."

Have you tried taking out the sd card and putting it back in? Maybe the 8 pictures that are left are saved on the phone's internal memory and your sd card is not being read properly.

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried taking out the sd card and putting it back in? Maybe the 8 pictures that are left are saved on the phone's internal memory and your sd card is not being read properly.

I just shut down the phone, removed the SD card, put it back in, and powered up. I can confirm that the (8) pictures I still have ARE in the SD card, as I can find them there via Astro or Root Explorer. The gallery found the same pictures once I booted back up, but nothing new.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I too had this happen but it was not after Flyx. It was later on when doing other mods I noticed it. I just saved all files to my computer and formatted the sd card. Then put back my most used files. The card gets jammed with junk from some apps. Not sure what caused the problem but I still have the same mods and its been two weeks no issues.

sent by me on my X

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it looks like I'll have to chalk this one down to a learning experience. Everything points to the fact that the pictures and videos are completely gone -- can't see them in the gallery, in "Files", on Astro, on Root Explorer, or on my computer via USB. Also, the total "Used" and "Available" designations on the SD Card indicated they were gone. I've formatted the card, and will back up pictures more frequently going forward. I just wonder what happened to them... and why (8) random pictures from the same folders are still here...

fuzio1963

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem here. I have been left with 11 pictures out of 476, and 1 video file out of 124. I am not expert, but what i have noticed was that somehow themed my phone cause it! Fortunately, i had a back made on my comp with all the files on my SD, before i started to root, deoxed, themed, etc.......After i hard reseted my phone, and put all my files back on SD, i have themed my phone again. Boom! Next day those media files disappeared again. OK, so i hard reset phone again. At this point i am still rotted and deoxed, but i did NOT theme my phone this time. After doing that, it is now 3rd week, and i still have all my files on SD. :) That is why i am sure, that theme (whatever theme) i installed on the phone, caused that disappearance, somehow........weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463