10-20-2010 03:13 PM
49 12
tools
    Appears the problem is my battery died during the process. Ugh!

Heading to VZW to get it charged and then back to use RSDLite to install the original sbf file. This sucks.

Lesson to all make sure your battery is charged. Triple check it even if you think you had charged it over night.
    I forgot to mention it, but my battery was dead when I tried to get into bootloader when I unbricked. What I did was take an old USB to Blackberry Pearl data cable, cut it at the phone end, stripped it, separated the red and black, then stripped those so the actual wire was exposed. I pulled the DX battery, went out to my car, plugged the USB end into my charger adapter and manually held the positive and negative wire ends against the corresponding copper charger points on the battery (they are clearly marked) for about 15 minutes. Voila - Back in business. The funny part was that this was like super-charging or something. The battery went from stone dead to a 20% charge in 2.1 when I rebooted.
    10-11-2010 04:29 PM
    I forgot to mention it, but my battery was dead when I tried to get into bootloader when I unbricked. What I did was take an old USB to Blackberry Pearl data cable, cut it at the phone end, stripped it, separated the red and black, then stripped those so the actual wire was exposed. I pulled the DX battery, went out to my car, plugged the USB end into my charger adapter and manually held the positive and negative wire ends against the corresponding copper charger points on the battery (they are clearly marked) for about 15 minutes. Voila - Back in business. The funny part was that this was like super-charging or something. The battery went from stone dead to a 20% charge in 2.1 when I rebooted.
    man , where did you learn that nifty little trick? i just have an extra battery that i keep charged up.
    10-11-2010 09:10 PM
    Could not get out of the endless bootloader loop. Bricked my phone but luckily was able to get VZW to send me a new one and will arrive tomorrow.

I loved the .3 RubiX and really want to apply this one but really gun shy now.
    10-12-2010 09:08 AM
    Now that we estabalished how NOT to flash a Droid X. Here is my thinking correct me when wrong please.

Get the new one up and running. Make sure battery is fully charged (HIGHLY IMPORTANT)
    Make sure OS is updated.
    Root
    Install bootstrap program.
    Follow the install instructions on how to install RubiX 0.5

Sound about right?
    10-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Does anyone know if you can get the Focused email client somewhere. This is perfect and I want to put it on my wife's phone...
    10-13-2010 01:39 PM
    i think it's just the aosp client - you should be able to pull it out of the rom..
    I actually prefer the blur email client myself.
    I guess just because I'm used to it.
    10-13-2010 03:00 PM
    i think it's just the aosp client - you should be able to pull it out of the rom..
    Needs more input...
    10-13-2010 03:38 PM
    There's only one problem and it is a big one:

Google calendar doesn't work or sync.
    Same here. Google Calendar/Jorte isn't working for me.
    10-13-2010 05:20 PM
    Wow, after bricking my phone and lucky to get a new replacement I have successfully installed this ROM.

So far RubiX is the best ROM I have came a crossed. Once I rooted the new device and installed ROM Manager I found the new .5 in the download section and let ROM Manager have the honors.

Works great.
    10-13-2010 05:28 PM
    How exactly do you do this?
    10-13-2010 05:57 PM
    unzip the rom, go into systems, app. pull out googleemail.apk
    upload it to system, app on your phone.. set permissions appropriately.
    use root explorer.
    10-13-2010 09:35 PM
    EDIT: I found a working link, disregard post!
    10-15-2010 02:19 AM
    ok so i got it to start installing but its been in the "Installing update" for like an hour and a half now.... not good i'm guessing?
    EDIT: yep bricked the f*** out of my phone.
    10-17-2010 01:19 PM
    SBF time! Good thing we got it now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-17-2010 02:54 PM
    Ok how does SBF work? I tried running RSD lite and the new 2.2 sbf... it just gets stuck in the SW update in progress screen. when i pulll the battery it comes up with code corrupt and battery low message. The thing is on my charger!
    10-17-2010 09:54 PM
    Nevermind, ended up going with rubiX Blurry.
    10-18-2010 02:46 AM
    Question im running the ruby .5 and I keep getting text messages twice. Its the exact same message only twice. Any suggestions?
    10-18-2010 04:13 PM
    I'm running flyX and I get the same thing once in a while. It may not be a rubiX problem
    10-18-2010 07:51 PM
    Question im running the ruby .5 and I keep getting text messages twice. Its the exact same message only twice. Any suggestions?
    the ROM installed a new text client . So you will get dupes of the same text because one is on stock text messenger , and one is from ROM. IF you have titanium backup find the one you dont want to use (i am using the stock) and freeze it . The other one you will leave alone . There is another way to stop the dupes , but it involves changing the names , and im not experienced enough to walk you through that . But the titanium way works like a charm
    10-18-2010 08:02 PM
    I Deleted what i thought to be that test messanger that was in the rom, and i also deleted the launchers because i prefer launcher pro. Im still getting the dupes.
    10-19-2010 08:24 AM
    Anyone have any screen shots of this ROM?
    10-19-2010 04:14 PM
    I Deleted what i thought to be that test messanger that was in the rom, and i also deleted the launchers because i prefer launcher pro. Im still getting the dupes.
    Do you have titanium backup?
    10-20-2010 11:40 AM
    I just downloaded it now and froze all but handcent. The problem seems to be ok now.
    10-20-2010 01:00 PM
    Is google calender sync working or not with this????
    10-20-2010 03:13 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD