[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.5

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
From Drod2169

rubiX Focused

Much loved rom by the masses, Blurless as can be!

here it is:
Release Notes:
0.5:
Now using my OWN base! Based off of 2.3.15, deodexed the ota myself and packaged together!
Build.Prop tweaks (thanks to Beesley)
Market fix to see all apps
System fully deodexed
All apps optimized/zipaligned (Credit to me)
ADW Launcher included
Launcher 2 Built from AOSP, synced and compiled on 10/6/2010
All replacement apps are now AOSP apps, same as Launcher 2. All compiled from scratch.
Bloatware removed (Credit to me)
Over 125 MB free in system!
Google market apps removed (download from market)
Gmail added back in for sync issues. Also compiled from AOSP, as of 10/6/2010
Speed and battery tweaks, as well as sysctl tweaks
Bug fixes from Focused 0.3, Calendar working perfectly!
AMAZING Boot animation from WJD Designs! Thanks!
Few more things that I'd like to keep secret for the time being

This rom is VERY speedy, stable, and loveable, it'll make you want to laugh in Moto's face for the locked bootloader.

http://ninebysix.com/boostdscoob/Rubik/rubiXFocused0.5.zip

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Mounts and Storage
Format System
Format Data
Format Cache
****Mount System**** VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP OR YOU WILL BE BRICKED
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXFocused0.5.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

edit: replace swype with the swype apk from the previous release. I forgot to patch that in :(

edit2:
Heres a patch.. mount system before installing, DO NOT format anything. it's just a patch

ninebysix.com/boostdscoob/Rubik/swypefix.zip

Last edited:

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Do we need to format data, system, and cache if we're on your original RubiX release? or is it just a good idea?

And as far as a changelog goes, is it pretty much the same except with the new base and a few more AOSP items?

The first was solid so I know this one will be good too!

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
seems not.. but if it was me, i would. just start from scratch
Only system is necessary if running the previous focused release, cache is recommended, but if any problems occur, wipe data as well

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
From Drod2169

rubiX Focused

here it is:
Release Notes:
0.5:
Now using my OWN base! Based off of 2.3.15, deodexed the ota myself and packaged together!
System fully deodexed
ADW Launcher included
All replacement apps are now AOSP apps, same as Launcher 2. All compiled from scratch.

This rom is VERY speedy, stable, and loveable, it'll make you want to laugh in Moto's face for the locked bootloader.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Mounts and Storage
Format System
Format Data
Format Cache
****Mount System**** VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP OR YOU WILL BE BRICKED
Install Zip From SDCard
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

edit: replace swype with the swype apk from the previous release. I forgot to patch that in :(

edit2:
Heres a patch.. mount system before installing, DO NOT format anything. it's just a patch

Hello dvader,

When I get to format system do I hit ok....thank you!

Caspar.chan

Banned
Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
From Drod2169

rubiX Focused

here it is:
Release Notes:
0.5:
System fully deodexed
ADW Launcher included

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Mounts and Storage
Format System
Format Data
Format Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

edit2:

my dx is running Tranquility2.3.7 with rooted and deodexed, could i install this ROM directly follow your INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS?

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Man, this is fast! I just updated to 2.3.15 via tbh, then applied this over top and it rips. Black status bar after that. All in all, I'm pleased - it is fast and stable. There's only one problem and it is a big one:

Google calendar doesn't work or sync. For me, that is huge. I'm a professional musician and my life is my calendar, sometimes doing up to three gigs a day.

The dev posted a fix on page seven of another forum, but it did not work. This seems to be a common problem, too.

Rom is killer otherwise, though. Fix that calendar ASAP and you've got perfection...and a donation :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The ROM is awesome...the bootup sequence rocks! I have one question though....How do i get the wallpapers into my wallpaper gallery? I see them on root explorer on my SD card, and i cant get them as my wallpapers? what gives?

Last edited:

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Man, this is fast! I just updated to 2.3.15 via tbh, then applied this over top and it rips. Black status bar after that. All in all, I'm pleased - it is fast and stable. There's only one problem and it is a big one:

Google calendar doesn't work or sync. For me, that is huge. I'm a professional musician and my life is my calendar, sometimes doing up to three gigs a day.

The dev posted a fix on page seven of another forum, but it did not work. This seems to be a common problem, too.

Rom is killer otherwise, though. Fix that calendar ASAP and you've got perfection...and a donation :)

Steve....did you put 2.3.15 from TBH over flyX? did you just download right on top of it ? if so did you run into any problems? And what are you seeing as different from the 2.3.9 that you download from the ROM Manager site? and is the rubix focused 0.5 better than fly x ?

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Steve....did you put 2.3.15 from TBH over flyX? did you just download right on top of it ? if so did you run into any problems? And what are you seeing as different from the 2.3.9 that you download from the ROM Manager site? and is the rubix focused 0.5 better than fly x ?

I'll try to be as specific as I can here - I started yesterday with Froyo 2.3.9, FlyX on top, black status bar, black gallery mod from WSJ Designs (been down with them since bb days). All done via ROM Manager. I tried to install 2.3.15 via Rom manager and it didn't take.

To start, I downloaded the TBH 2.3.15, went into root exporter, changed file name to update.zip, moved to root of sd. Flash Clockwork Mod in rom manager, open bootstrapper, tap bootstrap recover, reboot into recovery. Go in mounts and storage, format system, format cache, mount system. Back out, click apply sd/update.zip. Wait for install to complete, select reboot. Bang - Droid X eye reboot was back. Took a few minutes, but it was fine. Checked about phone and there it was as the correct version. I moved the update.zipv file to clockwork backups in root explorer and renamed it froyo 2.3.15.

I did the exact same thing with Rubix and has no problems. I didn't even wipe the data. Just downloaded from this thread and did exactly what I did above with the Rubix file. It booted right up.

Don't get me wrong - flyx was awesome, but I never really knew what it did other than Make the phone a little snappier, remove most of the bloat. I also had this annoying problem throughout my use of it where upon reboot, lp would fc every single time without exception, then boot fine. Don't know if was something I did or a flyx issue, but it is gone now. Rubix is noticeably faster, wiped our blur almost entirely (which might explain my calendar issues), added wireless tether (though I already had barnacle), comes with adw pre- installed, and has a ton of new options under the spare parts section. I had a great experience with flyx, but it was just time to change things up and be up to date on my froyo. Calendar aside, Rubix is a ridiculously great rom. Plus, the boot animation is killer.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to find the download file for RubiX so I can rename it to update.zip,even using root explorer. Do I need to wipe data and cache to load this ROM? currently running flyX but I'm looking for the next best thing. Can I load this ROM on top of flyX?
Correction:found the download link after looking for it. Still curious to know if I can install this ROM over flyX

Last edited:

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to be as specific as I can here - I started yesterday with Froyo 2.3.9, FlyX on top, black status bar, black gallery mod from WSJ Designs (been down with them since bb days). All done via ROM Manager. I tried to install 2.3.15 via Rom manager and it didn't take.

To start, I downloaded the TBH 2.3.15, went into root exporter, changed file name to update.zip, moved to root of sd. Flash Clockwork Mod in rom manager, open bootstrapper, tap bootstrap recover, reboot into recovery. Go in mounts and storage, format system, format cache, mount system. Back out, click apply sd/update.zip. Wait for install to complete, select reboot. Bang - Droid X eye reboot was back. Took a few minutes, but it was fine. Checked about phone and there it was as the correct version. I moved the update.zipv file to clockwork backups in root explorer and renamed it froyo 2.3.15.

I did the exact same thing with Rubix and has no problems. I didn't even wipe the data. Just downloaded from this thread and did exactly what I did above with the Rubix file. It booted right up.

Don't get me wrong - flyx was awesome, but I never really knew what it did other than Make the phone a little snappier, remove most of the bloat. I also had this annoying problem throughout my use of it where upon reboot, lp would fc every single time without exception, then boot fine. Don't know if was something I did or a flyx issue, but it is gone now. Rubix is noticeably faster, wiped our blur almost entirely (which might explain my calendar issues), added wireless tether (though I already had barnacle), comes with adw pre- installed, and has a ton of new options under the spare parts section. I had a great experience with flyx, but it was just time to change things up and be up to date on my froyo. Calendar aside, Rubix is a ridiculously great rom. Plus, the boot animation is killer.

steve. i followed the steps you laid out . went to apply update .zip said (bad) . im guessing it meant bad update file, now im stuck at M how do i boot into clockwork mod to restore to previous version?

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
steve. i followed the steps you laid out . went to apply update .zip said (bad) . im guessing it meant bad update file, now im stuck at M how do i boot into clockwork mod to restore to previous version?

Ouch - Maybe download was incomplete? Not sure what might have happened. I however, am in the same situation. I went to try and apply ZapX over this and made the mistake of trying to do so via ROM Manager - I"m in the M Screen Loop. I'll post a thread for help...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty nice, I guess. I ran this for about a day. Pretty snappy but I kept getting a FC error on the browser.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i have even tried to use rsd lite and flash the 604 version , and it keeps getting to 100% and then saying fail. so i went to verizon today and they tried to flash it , and im still stuck at the M , i have no idea whats wrong . i wonder why i cannot use the sbf ?

edit: mu bootloader says 30.03 so i guess by me taking the phone to verizon to try to fix , it changed the boot loader . . any help?

Last edited: