Im new to cdma so my question is... during any part of rooting/custom recovery/flashing roms do you have to reactivate your phone with verizon. The reason i ask is i'm using it on a roaming network where i can't activate it. thanks for any help
    10-18-2010 07:49 PM
    not unless you really screw something up and have to sbf back to stock.
    10-18-2010 07:58 PM
    I have had a couple of times where I had to reactivate my device after flashing a ROM. I'm not exactly sure what caused it but I just want to warn you that it HAS happened to me before.
    10-18-2010 08:06 PM
    if you do a "factory reset" you will have to re-activate
    10-18-2010 09:36 PM
    So the next logical question would be is there any way to trick the radio into thinking its not roaming. (long shot... i know) man... verizon is looking less and less like a good thing. thanks for the replies
    10-18-2010 10:18 PM
    Should I flash back to 2.2 if I am going from .5 focused to tranquility - or do I just use ROM manager and Flash over it?
    10-20-2010 09:31 AM
    Should I flash back to 2.2 if I am going from .5 focused to tranquility - or do I just use ROM manager and Flash over it?
    Generally you can flsh over as long as you perform a wipe, but your case is unique. TranQ doesn't include all system files, but rather is a form of 'lite' update. It only has a files necessary to alter a stock build. I would be hesitant to flash TranQ over another ROM, though I couldn't say what would happen if you did. Plus, with all the rave reviews of Rubix 1.0, why don't you just update to that?
    P.S. You will need to wipe for Rubix .5 ->1.0
    10-20-2010 10:57 AM
    Generally you can flsh over as long as you perform a wipe, but your case is unique. TranQ doesn't include all system files, but rather is a form of 'lite' update. It only has a files necessary to alter a stock build. I would be hesitant to flash TranQ over another ROM, though I couldn't say what would happen if you did. Plus, with all the rave reviews of Rubix 1.0, why don't you just update to that?
    P.S. You will need to wipe for Rubix .5 ->1.0
    Not a flash back to 2.2, just a wipe in clockwork right? I am having Compass and market poblems lately and just wanted to try TranQ.

I dont have access to a CPU right now - Can I go to RubiX 1 with just Rom Manager and Clockwork?
    10-20-2010 11:03 AM
    Not a flash back to 2.2, just a wipe in clockwork right? I am having Compass and market poblems lately and just wanted to try TranQ.

I dont have access to a CPU right now - Can I go to RubiX 1 with just Rom Manager and Clockwork?
    For TranQ, I WOULD sbf before flashing. They state specifically that if you wipe before flashing TranQ, you will brick (again because the zip doesn't have all the necessary files to run the phone, just the modifications they've made). If you were to flash TranQ over RubiX you would end up with a frankenstein ROM with pieces derived from both RubiX and TranQ- not recommended. Who knows what issues you may run in to, and support for it is going to be imposible.
    You can, however, flash the RubiX 1.0 straight from ROM manager as long as you select Wipe when installing the zip. Be aware! Drod has also stated that failure to wipe will result in boot looping, so make sure you wipe!!
    10-20-2010 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD