Im rooted and now I want to install customs ROM,need "Warning,im a super noob! "

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I did the one click root and it was successful but now I wanna get a custom rom to get more out of my battery life and take away that bloatware. My question is,if I install a custom rom will ill be able to reset my phone back to factory setting if something goes wrong? And if so can anyone suggest any good roms to use on my droid x?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple ways to get back to stock. You can create a nandroid backup through clockworkmod recovery (using Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper) or you can use ROM Manager to backup your stock setup (after using Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper).

If you screw anything up too bad, there's always the sbf file that you can flash with RSDLite.

As far a custom ROMs go, you'll have to give them a try. I don't think that any of them leave the bloatware in them. Some remove more than others and some even are (close to) AOSP builds.

You'll just have to experiment to see what you like.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can I use bootstrapper? And will my contacts still be in the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Use the bootstrapper for what? All the bootstrapper does is hijack the device to load up ClockworkMod Recovery instead of the default recovery.

Just running the bootstrapper won't delete any of your contacts. If you are installing a ROM or something that requires a wipe, then you'll lose everything on the device. Contacts are stored in google's cloud along with apps that were purchased through the market.

I recommend Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and data so you won't lose them and can just install them right back after your ROM installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol