Going to get the "X"

suv32002

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So I do not have any smart phone yet. I got my wife a Droid when she was due for an upgrade and my upgrade is coming soon. I think I want the Droid X and am almost certain it is right for me. I did not want to root my wife's phone but am considering it for my future phone. I guess before I do it I must know a few things.

Do I need to root my X if I want to undervolt my phone?
What ROMS do I need to root for?

I have read some of the forums about rooting but I just have not seen or read any specific ROMS and apps that really make it worth while to root the phone for. SOMEONE show me what you are using that you needed to root for. you can also advise me on if I should do it or not. I do not want to risk bricking the damn thing and I really dont want to void the warranty.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Rooting voids the warranty, but you can unroot before you take it in for any warranty issues.

You need root access to undervolt and load custom roms/themes.

For me, the most important reason to root is to get an alternate recovery on the device that allows a full device backup (bootloader, system, data, and cache). This, along with the sbf file, will allow you to get out of almost any trouble you may run into.